Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Mattress Protectors

Posted by helen 
Mattress Protectors
January 31, 2019 10:54PM
I am curious at the change in what I call mattress protectors.
I ordered a couple from Briscoes as the existing ones on our spare beds were looking a bit raggy.
What arrived were something akin to a fitting duvet inner. All quilted and puffed.
I had tried to find just a cover but I don't think they that any more.
Any thoughts?
Re: Mattress Protectors
February 01, 2019 12:37AM
I have these on my children's beds, even at 15 and 13. They're fitted, super thin with a terry top and a breathable but somehow still waterproof membrane underneath. Not thick plasticy though.

[www.briscoes.co.nz]

Or the same thing, much cheaper from The Warehouse.

[www.thewarehouse.co.nz]
February 01, 2019 02:04AM
I have similar to Jenna's but purchased mine from Beds R Us when we purchased the mattress. I think with the padded mattresses today you don't then need puffy quilted protectors - unless you have a very old mattress of course
February 01, 2019 04:21PM
Bed Bath and Beyond have them too, I bought one last week
February 01, 2019 10:16PM
Oh groan so I have obviously looked in the wrong place.
I just wanted something to protect the mattress and the beds didn't need the extra puff as they are fairly new mattresses.
Well I will know for next time.
February 14, 2019 03:57PM
Sorry, have been away so have only just read this.

Yes, I have the protectors as described by others also purchased at Briscoes. Helen, it is probably too late but did you consider returning the ones you bought in error and exchanging them - as discussed before on the forum, Briscoes are very good in these situations.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
February 14, 2019 06:41PM
Update is that Freddie thinks he is now sleeping on puff ball dream so alls well that ends well. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.