Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Flannel sheets

Posted by Jenna 
Flannel sheets
May 03, 2019 02:09PM
I've never bought flannel sheets, hate the texture. However, my 13yo son has asked for a set for winter. What do I look for in a good set? What kind of fluffing and linting do you get? Can anyone recommend a brand/style? Looking for king single. I'd prefer to buy online as I'm quite a distance from decent shopping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 10:52PM by Jenna.
J1
Re: Flannel sheets
May 04, 2019 12:24AM
I have flannelette sheets for all year round - no other kind of sheet. I haven't found fluffing or linting to be a problem at all. You can get perfectly fine and good ones from Farmers. [www.farmers.co.nz]
May 04, 2019 01:21AM
Excellent, thanks J1.
J1
July 17, 2019 12:12PM
Jenna, I had to buy another set myself last month and have been disappointed at how much they've shed fluff and lint this time round. I'm sorry if you bought them and were disappointed.

Apparently these ones are excellent [www.queenb.co.nz] and I'll be trying them next time.
July 17, 2019 01:22PM
Never fear, J1, I've been perfectly happy with the sheets and the way they've worn and washed up. My son has been very pleased too smiling smiley
July 20, 2019 12:41PM
Hi there,

I got Kmart ones for my kids since I found king singles hard to find. They only lasted 2 years, then simply wore out. No fluffing etc though.
July 21, 2019 11:38AM
They dont make them like they used to.
I bought Dromorne Flannelette sheets for my glory box in the 1970's, Started using them in the late 80's and finally gave them to my sister a couple of years ago. She is still using them.
I use the arctic sheets these days

Raewyn G
J1
July 21, 2019 09:17PM
There is increasing awareness that synthetic fabrics (e.g. polar fleece, polyester, nylon, etc) shed microplastics into the water.

[www.outsideonline.com]
[www.nature.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2019 09:32PM by J1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.