Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

lily stain on brand new cotton jersey

Posted by Jenni 
lily stain on brand new cotton jersey
October 20, 2004 01:26AM
got to work today after rearranging a bouquet of birthday flowers, and I have orange pollen on my light blue cotton jersey. Has anyone got any suggestions for removing as I recall having problems with this same stain on an ordinary shirt.....but at least there, you can give it a good scrub.
If you have not already rubbed at the stain, fold some sellotape over and dab at the pollen using the sticky side. This lifts most of the fibres out of the fabric, you may need to do this several times, but it does work. Then you may need to soak the top to get the rest out, but I find this lifts 95% of the stain. Good luck.
Regards,
Kerri
Ring a florist and ask how they deal with this. I used to work in a garden centre with a floral dept and I know they had a simple remedy but can't remember what. ?:-( Lyn.

I'm a nurse and I always get lilly marks on my white uniform from rubbing against patients flowers....I don't do anything I just throw my uniforn in the wash as normal and it always comes out clean, but then I wash in cold water so maybe thats the difference from years ago when everybody washed in hot....
Hi there, I do the same as Kerri has mentioned above, cellotape is my best option, that work very well. Good luck!
Thanks so much everyone.....I did phone the florist and she recommended the cellotape and also flicking with a towel (instead of rubbing!). She also suggested get the residue off using wondersoap. I tried the cellotape and yes just about all of it came off so that was an awesome tip. Have yet to do the handwashing but am not nearly as concerned now as I was yesterday. Thanks again really appreciate your input ........what a fabulous forum!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.