Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Have a laugh on ME!!!!!

Posted by Raewyn G 
Raewyn G
Have a laugh on ME!!!!!
October 29, 2004 11:02PM
Here's something to make you all smile!!!!!!:} Or burst into hilarious laughter! :}
One of my pantry shelves collapsed yesterday............TOO MANY CHRISSY CAKES!!!!!! :-o
The Man about the House will have something to do today!!!!

Keep Smiling Everyone.............I AM!!!!!!!!!:}:}:}
Re: Have a laugh on ME!!!!!
October 29, 2004 11:10PM
Oh that I would have a shelf collapse with too many Xmas cakes......I haven't even made ONE yet ! Good luck with the repairs. Does that mean repairs to the cakes as well as the shelves !!!
Cheers
October 29, 2004 11:12PM
oh my god Raewyn!!!! How much alcohol did you put in those damn things to weigh them down like that :}
October 29, 2004 11:26PM
Drunk in charge of a pantry !
Raewyn G
October 30, 2004 12:46AM
Yes, nicely tiddly thank you!!!! But there was 9 of them sitting pretty! No damage done, just like a drunk person, bounced back nicely!!!! hehehehe
Raewyn :}:/:-o8)

Lyn
October 30, 2004 01:17AM
Well Raewyn what a shock for you but I sense a great sense of humour from you, you always seem to give me a laugh on this web site, good for you. I once was for a wedding that my friend was catering for marinating some fish in a curry type sauce in my fridge & the shelves all went, what a mess I can tell you took ages for the curry colour to come off my floor & of course I then had to do the fish dish again without telling her what happened a very expensive lesson not to expect too much from a flimsy shelf.
Raewyn G
October 30, 2004 03:13AM
Lyn, I too had flimsy shelves in my fridge before I bitterly complained to the manufacturer. I remember with the original ones that I opened the fridge to be met by food flying out like a toboggan sliding down a mountainside. 2 shelves had gone! I didn't quite know where to put myself or the fridge door. Consequently the manufacturer replaced every shelf, even though the warranty had expired. The guy admitted finally that there was a fault in the shelves in my model of fridge. What a shame I had to speak very loudly and firmly down the phone to get action, and go through all the bull....... from him repeating about the expired warranty. But I seldom complain and DON'T win!!!! I think I might frighten some people!!!!! hehehehehe:-o:-o:-o:}:}:}
I'm pleased I give you a laugh. Life can be too serious at times, and I like to laugh .............usually hilariously!!!!! I'm quite mad really!
Raewyn:}

October 30, 2004 06:38AM
Gotta be mad to have nine xmas cakes baked before the end of October!!:} But you're also a legend - I'm getting more and more convinced that living close to P.Nth is the way to go...
October 30, 2004 07:00AM
I reckon with that many Christmas cakes made already... you almost deserve to have your shelves come down......winking smiley
Actually I feel terribly inadequate.... not a single one made here yet, good on you Raewyn. I'll get to it eventually.
Regards Kaye.
Raewyn G
October 30, 2004 07:37AM
There is no question Lynette, I'm mad alright!!!!! Nutty as a fruit cake!!!
And I have finished my Chrissy shopping for the 18 children we buy for too!!! All are wrapped and the 4 that have to be posted are ready to go to the post office in 4 weeks time. Just need to do my overseas cards and letters and I can relax by our bird bath, coz we haven't got a pool!!!!!
Last year I was stressing on Christmas Eve, not this year!!!!!! Not going there again.
You are welcome in Palmerston North Lynette, with a chilli bin of crays and crabs. Oh and cashew nut salad too please! Yum Yum!!!!
Raewyn :-o:/?:-(

October 30, 2004 11:27PM
I think people like you, Raewyn, should be banned. Chrissy pressies all wrapped up, shame on you!!!.
Every year I say I will get everything done on time and every year I fail. HOWEVER this year I have actually bought my mothers pressie and it was gift wrapped then Mother came and stayed last week and whilst out shopping picked up a tray and said Ï must buy one as mine is aweful'.
You guessed it, that was what I had already bought her. So then had to tell her to put it back as I had got her one.
Perhaps buying gifts at the last minute might be better for me

Noeleen
Raewyn G
October 31, 2004 01:11AM
Don't ban me Noeleen!!!! I'm a mad cow but quite loveable really!!!!:}

November 01, 2004 01:21AM
Funny you should mention the chilly bin of crays Raewyn. I caught up with a girlfriend yesterday who has just returned from a holiday in the UK and she took a chilly bin of crays and prawns to her family in Northhampton (North of London) and they were still frozen when she got there! So I might just try bringing some back to NZ next time. Guess I will have to check out the MAF rules first though.
Raewyn G
November 01, 2004 02:07AM
You will be flying in to PALMERSTON NORTH won't you? Would love to meet you and your chilli bin!!!!!! hehehehehe:}:}

November 01, 2004 02:18AM
OY RAEWYN!! she will stop off at Hamilton first thank you (says her big sis drooling in anticipation and must make a mental note to be extra nice to little sis from now on :p )
Raewyn G
November 01, 2004 06:15AM
Come on Irene, don't be greedy now!!!! I can hardly control my drooling! Some might think I resemble a St Bernard who has been shown FOOD!!!!!
Anyway, Lynette has said on more than one occassion that living near PNth is very tempting!!!! So there!!!!!:}
Thanks for the giggles, Big and Liddle Sis!!!!!
Raewyn:/
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.