Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Jeans Zipper

Posted by Cath 
Cath
Jeans Zipper
November 05, 2004 11:15PM
Hello

I have been given a pair of jeans - which are in great condition apart from the zipper. It slides down when you bend over and won't stay up. Is there anything I can try before I take it into a shop to replace it????

Thanks
Raewyn G
Re: Jeans Zipper
November 06, 2004 01:22AM
Probably not. Replacement would be your best option. Its not an easy job and even though I sew, I wouldn't be bothered to do that job myself. Probably end up loosing my temper and doing a haka on them!!!!!!
:-o
Raewyn

Cath
November 06, 2004 02:31AM
Ok thanks for the Raewyn. :}
November 06, 2004 04:33AM
Raewyn is right, it is not an easy job, very frustrating... I'd pay someone else to do it, unless you are a really keen sewer. A friend of mine had an ingenious solution, albeit temporary.... she put a piece of string thru the hole in the zipper tap, then tied it in a loop. did the zip up, then hooked that over the button, or top fastener, before doing it up. Can't say I have tried it, but I think apart from an emergency fix up, it would probably be a bit of a nuisance, to do up....
Kaye
Bev
November 06, 2004 06:39AM
I agree, even though I sew almost every day I would not do a zip replacement in jeans. Far easier to pay someone else to dfo it:}
November 06, 2004 11:14PM
Pull zip up, put safety pin underneath. My Temp solution has been in use for 2 years !!
Cheers
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.