Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Renee - your son's pink shower

Posted by Raewyn 
Renee - your son's pink shower
November 22, 2004 10:42PM
Morning Renee

Might have some help for your son's shower problem.

Got talking to a lady in the supermarket yesterday - as you do - and she had come home from holiday to find the horrors of this black mould covered by bright pink "stuff" embedded on the thick plastic strip that sits along the bottom of her shower door that directs the water run off.

She tried all sorts of stuff - no luck - so rang the famous shower producers and they recommended Exit Mould sprayed repeatedly and left to sit.

Apparently this is an algae produced with the reaction of stagnant water and soap/shampoo residue.

Anyway she spent a whole day working on it - going back every couple of hours to spray another lot - and by the end of the day it was completely gone. The important thing is to leave it sitting there - no scrubbing or rinsing off.

Hope this helps.
Re: Renee - your son's pink shower
November 22, 2004 11:45PM
Just a word of warning... the 'product' mentioned is very good, but it also bleaches bathmats, and other things..... I got into the shower with it, and got a bit blase and have to admit, that I now have lovely belached footprints on a good mat.... stupid of me really, had slippers on, but hadn't realised how much ahd drifted down onto the shower base.... mmmnnn.
Use it, it is great, but do be more careful than I was.
Kaye.
November 22, 2004 11:50PM
Thanks Raewyn and Kay - I will pass that right along to him - he has been trying to locate Shower Power without success - however I have read that New World stock it and as I have one nearby I was going to get some day. I will get Exit Mould for him instead.

Apropos of the earlier thread - he assures me he has used tubes of 'elbow grease' and an old toothbrush without success :}

November 23, 2004 12:23AM
P.S. - on second thoughts I emailed him copying and pasting your message Raewyn and Kay's timely warning about the product - he can buy his own winking smiley :-o

Raewyn G
November 23, 2004 07:09AM
Make sure he uses Exit Mould with plenty of ventiliation, or a mask. It's chemicals are overpowering. I won't have it in the house!!! Too dangerous I recon.
November 25, 2004 04:15AM
The Exit Mould is a bit overpowering - Rob uses it when he cleans the shower. I don't know if he's a bit heavy handed with it or what, but I steer clear of the bathroom for a while...........
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.