Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Vacuum sealer

Posted by Kay 
Kay
Vacuum sealer
May 16, 2005 01:19AM
I'm after advice again,thank you all you clever and knowledgable people.I have a new business venture called KaMa Grandma'zipan.It has started slowly but as it is just me now[my business partner pulled out after a couple of months]I like it that way.I have supplied Zarbo's and The Great NZ Xmas cake company which I feel is a pretty good start!What I need to know is this:- Do any of you own or have owned a vacuum unit for use in food packaging?Just the small one for upto a kilo of marzipan is what I'm thinking of.
Re: Vacuum sealer
May 17, 2005 03:38AM
Kay, try this site: [www.comforthouse.com]

I typed 'vacuum food sealers' into Search NZ (on the NZ City Homepage) and came up with lots of options, but this one looks good.
Kay
May 18, 2005 01:06AM
Thanks for that Lorna.I did have a look but it is an American site.I would really like to hear from anyone in NZ who has bought and used a NZ model.{Buy NZ you know!!}
May 18, 2005 08:55AM
Hi Kay
I don't know exactly what you want but I have a Salton vacuum sealer( made in England) but I bought mine at Harvey Norman. Can't remember what it cost- not a huge amount. It is fanastic. I use it for all frozen food- liquid and solid. My rellies have a fish shop and use exactly the same model to package small amounts of food. There is a New Zealand service agent in Albany.
Hopes this is some use
Stephanie
Kay
May 18, 2005 09:45AM
Grrrreat Stephanie,That's exactly what I want.I'll give them a call tomorrow.
I knew I could depend on foodlovers to come up trumps!If there isn't an NZ made one I'd better be loyal to my roots and 'Buy British!
May 18, 2005 01:37PM
Hi Kay,
I presume you are looking for a vaccum sealer? I don't know where you live but you could try Millie's kitchen in auckland. sorry I don't have the phone number.
kay D
May 18, 2005 09:01PM
Well, what a swiz! I didn't realise it was an American site. Wonder why they put that on the Search NEW ZEALAND search engine? Must contact them and express my disapproval. After all, we have Google if we want to search the rest of the world.
Kay
May 19, 2005 01:25AM
Thanks Lorna and Kay D{I'm KD too!}I do live in Auckland,well between Hunua and Clevedon really so I'm not that handy for Milly's Kitchen.Botany is probably my best bet.Any other brands used before I go?Thanks Kay.
Kay
May 22, 2005 01:39PM
Well I got my vacuum sealer after a day of traipsing around from one lead to another.I really should have stayed home and 'let my finger do the walking' Anyway I got what I was after from 'The as seen on TV shop' in Papatoetoe.It is a good strong model and just what I needed.I trialled it today and it is great.
June 10, 2009 04:45AM
We have an Innovative Vac & Seal and its the best! It has inbuilt roll storage and cutter, and hands free operation. We have tried others and this one is superb in comparison! smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.