Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

plunket singlet knitting pattern

Posted by Jennifer 
plunket singlet knitting pattern
January 26, 2006 10:09AM
It is the broken rib one that stretches & fits tiny - large Babies.V neck. I have miss placed my pattern I have knitted up to the armhole & the baby is due in a few weeks!!!!!!!!!!
I know it is hot & it wont be needed til winter but it is to be a gift.
Thanks
Re: plunket singlet knitting pattern
January 26, 2006 10:18AM
This subject interested me as around the necks of baby singlets cords are not allowed now days.
Jennifer how do you make them?? and what colour??
It is so different to knitting them in the 1960's
January 26, 2006 09:03PM
I thought cords around the neck went out with the ark. Even my babies (1960's) had singlets with those 'envelope' type necklines. Are these still in use, or has something superceded them?
January 26, 2006 11:53PM
My baby's singlets have the envelope neckline or a few buttons or domes on the shoulder. They are all shop bought though as I can't sew or knit to save myself !
Thanks for your replies but they do not help me to get my knitting finished. Who said they have cords around the neck?
Ever heard of elastic, crochet edging, or a ribbed finish?
I have knitted heaps although an old fashion pattern I have found that the modern mothers I know like the pure wool & use these hand knitted singlets over the grow suits so as the wool wont aggrivate the baby's sensitive skin. I do them in white or pastel colours even strips & have had 1 mother ask me to do long sleeved ones for her 1 year old as she found they do not bulk up the child with thick clothes. PLEASE SOME ONE MUST HAVE THE PATTERN HIDING AWAY SOME WHERE.
Thanks for your replies but they do not help me to get my knitting finished. Who said they have cords around the neck?
Ever heard of elastic, crochet edging, or a ribbed finish?
I have knitted heaps although an old fashion pattern I have found that the modern mothers I know like the pure wool & use these hand knitted singlets over the grow suits so as the wool wont aggrivate the baby's sensitive skin. I do them in white or pastel colours even strips & have had 1 mother ask me to do long sleeved ones for her 1 year old as she found they do not bulk up the child with thick clothes. PLEASE SOME ONE MUST HAVE THE PATTERN HIDING AWAY SOME WHERE.
January 27, 2006 04:56AM
Hi Jennifer, I have the Shepherd pattern which gives a choice of 3 different styles of baby vest. You are welcome to it if it helps. Just email me and I'll send it to you.
Regards, Jeanz
January 27, 2006 10:34AM
Jen .
don't know where you live but perhaps the ladies of your local W.I could help you. this is often one of the many projects we do for the maternity ward at the local hospitals. if you don;t know contact the local C.A.B. or the library and they may be able to help if not contact me by e mail and i will try to find my pattern or tell you where the nearest W.I. is to you.
Kay D
joy
January 27, 2006 09:34PM
I think I have one.One of the ladies in our spinners and weavers group gave it to me.I will look it out today and get back to you.

joy
Thanks heaps Joy
January 28, 2006 02:15AM
Hi Jennifer
I have a very old pattern but not sure if it the plunket one or not. It is knitted in rib up to the armholes and then garter stitch for the yoke. Let me know if you think this may be the one.

Regards
Linda N
joy
January 28, 2006 03:13AM
hi Jennifer, have hunted out my patterns first one you cast on at the bottom and then knit the body and over the shoulders and down the back end at bottom back.It is in rib.The second one is in broken rib for the body then garter stitch for the yolk and then carry on down the back.Both of them I crochet shells to finish on sleeves and neck line.If any of these are any use lets know and I will scan them for you.Perhaps e/mail me direct.
January 30, 2006 09:20AM
Jeanz, Joy & Linda N I have emailed all of you but don't think I am doing the email corect so could you please email the patter who ever get to read this first!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joy your second one sounds like the one I want.
Thanks Jennifer
joy
January 30, 2006 10:00PM
Jennifer I have sent off the pattern to you I hope it gets there ok

Regards Joy
February 01, 2006 02:57AM
Many Thanks for the pattern folks My needles are back clicking away. When it is not too HOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!
May 11, 2011 07:31PM
Jeanz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Jennifer, I have the Shepherd pattern which
> gives a choice of 3 different styles of baby vest.
> You are welcome to it if it helps. Just email me
> and I'll send it to you.
> Regards, Jeanz

Dear Jeanz,
Could I please have the pattern? I am knitting for my stepdaughter due in October in cold northern Italy, these would be perfect. I'd be most grateful. regards, Karen
Karenleep@hotmail.com
May 11, 2011 07:33PM
Joy could I trouble you to send me the Plunkett singlet pattern? Thanking you Regards, Karen.
Karenleep@hotmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 07:34PM by kazza44p.
May 19, 2011 12:53AM
Hello Joy,
I am new to this site, found it when i searched for baby singlet patterns for my grandson due October. I would be very grateful for the pattern you mentioned. My email is karenleep@hotmail.com. I am and Aussie currently living in Florida smiling smiley
May 19, 2011 12:56AM
Hi Jennifer,
Glad you got your pattern. I would love to have it, could you send it to me please? at karenleep@hotmail.com.
user name: kazza44p
TKU Karen
May 19, 2011 12:58AM
Hi Linda,
I am keen to knit some singlets for my grandson due in cold Northern Italy October. I would be grateful if you would forward the pattern to me to karenleep@hotmail.com.
TKU Karen smiling smiley (user name kazza44p)
May 19, 2011 01:33AM
Karen, the last posting prior to yours was in 2006. Jennifer may not even be on the forum anymore. I have tried googling - without success unfortunately - the pattern for you.
May 19, 2011 08:06AM
Hi I'm here.Haven't looked at this site in ages. Blew me away to see my name there near the top of the page.
Emailed pattern to Karen.
May 20, 2011 07:34PM
How funny, 2006. I hadn't even looked at the date. it's a nice site, TKU for your response.
Karen
May 20, 2011 07:38PM
Jennifer,
What about that for timing hey?
TKU so much for the pattern. Iguess I will find a pic of it if I Google it.
The Shepherds 3 variations patterns (sleeveless) look good. Anyone have those?
I just received a baby pattern book in the mail yesterday with a sweet pattern with short sleeves. I do like the sleeveless though. TKS again everybody, happy knitting.
Finding out I'm to be a grandmother soon, I have become a besotted knitter!!! Ha Ha. Karen smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2011 07:38PM by kazza44p.
July 21, 2011 06:27PM
Hi Jennifer - Would it be possible for you to email a copy of the singlet pattern to me too at diannenz@hotmail.com

My mum used to knit heaps of them for a hospital maternity unit but misplaced the pattern a few years ago when an injury prevented her from knitting.

Now, with grandchildren on the horizon she is inspired to pick up her needles and get them clicking again - but we haven't been able to track down the pattern and the newer one she bought a fortnight ago just isn't working out, and she is getting mightily frustrated.

Coming across what sounds like the pattern she used to use on a food lover's site, of all places, is a Godsend and finding you are still an active member is a miracle.

We would really, really appreciate a copy of the pattern if you are able to send it.

Thanks
Di
hi, could i please have the above pattern, i to have knitted a plunket pattern for my grandchildren but misplaced it, thank you kindly, Joy.
July 05, 2012 07:14AM
Hi I have a pettern for that, I am sure it is the one you want or need . E.mail me and I will scan the pattern Chcheers and get it off to you. cheers
would love copy of pattern many thanks
July 18, 2012 09:15AM
Hi send me your e.mail or address and I will get it off to you .. Cheers

Diane
I to would love this pattern my mothers one has been folded to many times and cannot be read. I have several balls of three ply to use.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.