Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Rick Stein's Lancashire HotPot Recipe

Posted by kathie3461 
Rick Stein's Lancashire HotPot Recipe
February 16, 2007 12:57AM
Hiya FoodLovers,

I caught the end of Rick Stein making a Lancashire Hotpot on Telly the other day. It appeared that he used lamb shanks in the hotpot. Did anybody see the programme and or get the recipe; I have tried googling it but with no success. If you did catch the recipe would you mind sharing the recipe with me please.

Warmest regards,
-Kathie-
Re: Rick Stein's Lancashire HotPot Recipe
February 16, 2007 10:47AM
Hi Kathie,
You might try you local library for one of Rick Stein's CookBooks. It will probably be in one of these.
I am sorry I don't have the reciped as I missed his show.
Good luck
Kay D
February 16, 2007 08:39PM
I tried searching the bbc website, but that particular recipe of his doesn't seem to be there. There are many sites on the web with him mentioned, try Googling Rick Stein.
February 18, 2007 10:42PM
I did the google thingee, but to know avail - Missy from this site actually gave me the recipe. Thankyou for your input...
April 27, 2009 12:07PM
Lorna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried searching the bbc website, but that
> particular recipe of his doesn't seem to be there.
> There are many sites on the web with him
> mentioned, try Googling Rick Stein.

April 27, 2009 12:08PM
go to bbc i player and you can download the programme from 25th april (saturday kitchen)
April 27, 2009 10:44PM
Kenny, just FYI, we here in NZ get this message when we try to view the BBC iPlayer:

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you."

Also, the original post is over 2 years old so I don't think last Saturdays show would have the recipe we are looking for, would it?

April 27, 2009 11:46PM
Yup, this recipe still eludes me - ho hum!!!!
April 28, 2009 06:40AM
Kathie nothing like being cheeky. I would go onto his website "Welcome to Rick Stein Seafood Restaurant & Accommadation" . And up the top is Contact Us. Why not send an email to him and say you just have seen it on NZ Tv and would he email you the recipe as you cannot find it here. Worth trying.
April 28, 2009 06:47AM
Noeleen, I have become even more devious - MeMother is getting the book in question from the Public library on Friday.
Huh, it has taken over 2 years, but thanks to this thread being resurrected I am onto it again. And what a neat time of year for such a recipe.
April 28, 2009 08:40AM
Kathie

You indicated in your first post that the shanks were the reason you liked the recipe. I can't help with Rick Stein's recipe, but here's one that appears easy and very tasty and suggests as an alternative replacing the usual neck with shanks. I love stewed neck chops and am keen to try it myself with shanks now that it's getting cooler.

[www.mumsrock.com]
April 28, 2009 11:49PM
Thankyou ColleenD,

This sounds scrummy, I must give it a whirl, thankyou again for sharing!!!

Warmest regards,
-Kathie-
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.