Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Depot - Auckland

Posted by helen 
Depot - Auckland
August 22, 2011 02:17AM
Al Brown has just opened Depot in Federal St Auckland.
We went for Sunday lunch and thought the decor, menu, flavours and staff were just great. This is exactly the style of eatery that Auckland needs.
While we didn't try any of the raw fare from the oyster bar, the meals we had eg Pork hock with apple salsa verde and creamy celeriac, battered snapper tortilla with coleslaw were full of great flavour and texture.
The poached tamarillo with gingerbread, custard and mascarpone for dessert was so comforting I want to go back today just for that again!
Re: Depot - Auckland
September 07, 2011 01:53AM
I agree. What a great place. It's such a comfort to know that there is at least one restaurant in the CBD that understands hospitality and serves excellent food. I want to go back immediately, try the smoked brisket and eat more potato skins with Manchego! Not to mention the sugar pie. Although I don't eat wheat I managed to scoop a little bit of the filling and it was heavenly.
October 06, 2011 05:32AM
I enjoyed the food at Depot too. These turbot sliders were my favourite...

[bunnyeatsdesign.files.wordpress.com]

...followed closely by the lamb ribs. Strong lamb flavour, which I really enjoyed, but if that's not your thing, keep away!

I thought the snapper tortillas were just ok.

October 07, 2011 03:16AM
The lamb ribs look wonderful! I can't wait to go back there - we're waiting until RWC is over, on the assumption that Depot won't be quite as rammed as I imagine it is now.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.