Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Spring Onions

Posted by amwilliams 
Spring Onions
February 07, 2013 06:21AM
I am growing spring onion bulbs and they have grown very tall and have large white onion bulbs at their base in the ground. Do I use the bulbs like normal onions - have never had them grow like this before.

Averil
Re: Spring Onions
February 08, 2013 09:59PM
Ww use them in salads as we would ordinary spring onions. The red spring onions seem more prone to bulbing and look very cute.
March 01, 2013 05:46AM
I let my spring onions go to seed because they have lovely flowers. I don't think I will ever have to plant spring onions again, spring onions, summer onions, autumn onions.......
March 01, 2013 09:57PM
I know what you mean Stephanie. Have your spring onions got large white onion bulbs at their bases in the soil too like mine?
March 08, 2013 05:24PM
There is a special unique sign of the spring Onions, they smell good than the other seasonal Onions. Also the colour of them are little darker than the other one.

I'm looking for a user friendly hospitality point of sale australia.
April 12, 2013 02:14PM
you can use spring onions anywhere youd use onions, taking into account their slightly sweeter and "greener" flavour. I know Nigella Lawson often uses them in her quick recipes as a shortcut. If you want tho, you can just use them as salad onions, its up to you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.