Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Horseradish seeds or roots

Posted by magician176 
Horseradish seeds or roots
December 22, 2009 04:36AM
Hello,
Can anybody supply me with either horsradish seeds or roots please. I live in Nelson and I will purchase it from you.

Kind regards
ED
Re: Horseradish seeds or roots
December 28, 2009 02:02AM
Hi Ed

I'm happy to dig up a piece of root from mine if you send me a stamped, self-addressed envelope. If you send me a private message then we can exchange emails to organise it. My horseradish patch grew from a small piece of root attached to a leaf given to me by a friend, and has taken off in the space of a year.

Louisa
January 05, 2010 05:32AM
Hi Louisa

Been trying to get a bit of horseradish to cultivate for home use for a while now. It is amazing how often we have been in to garden shops to be told "sold the last bit yesterday..."
Anyway, any chance of a bit off a plant? Please?

Regards,

John
January 05, 2010 10:35PM
Sure, all I ask is a self-addressed envelope so I don't have to pay for postage. I planted my plant from a wee bit of root and leaf given to me last year, and it's already wopping, having died back during winter.

I have emailed you my contact details.

Louisa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 10:38PM by FarmAway.
January 07, 2010 03:01AM
Hi Louisa

Can I jump on this bandwagon too? I would love to grow Horseradish. Can't beat it in mashed spuds and I would love not to have to buy it.

I am happy to send a self addressed envelope if you let me know where to by PM.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ancksunamun

[www.curd-nerd.com]
Your Essential Home Cheese Making Site

[www.growingandgathering.com]
Edible Garden Blog
January 07, 2010 11:19PM
Will do Anckunamun.

Bear in mind it's a bit like mind - can get rampant. Mine's planted in a spot where that doesn't matter, but I believe many gardeners keep it in a large container.
January 07, 2010 11:35PM
Thank you!!! I look forward to fresh supplies from the garden.

Ancksunamun

[www.curd-nerd.com]
Your Essential Home Cheese Making Site

[www.growingandgathering.com]
Edible Garden Blog
August 02, 2011 05:24AM
Hi Louisa,

I know it's an old message, but maybe you still can send some horseradish plants if I send you a stamped envelope.

Thank you in advance.

Vilune

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2011 05:24AM by Vilune27.
August 02, 2011 10:12AM
Horseradish in mashed spuds? Will have to factor mashed spuds into tomorrow's meal somehow. Sounds divine!!!!
August 09, 2011 11:27AM
I've sent you a message vilune27 smiling smiley
September 11, 2011 06:50AM
Hi FarmAway,

Could I jump on the bandwagon as well? I've been trying to find the roots for a while and with no luck.

Thanks a lot!
Olya
September 11, 2011 07:52AM
Hi Olya

Sure, now is a good time because it's beginning to sprout. If you send me a private message then I can give you my address so you can send me stamped addressed envelope to send you the root.

From one small root that a friend gave me a couple of years back, we have quite the 'patch' and last autumn I harvested enough to grate and fill two large ziplock bags for the freezer! I've made horseradish sauce also, just grated horseradish and vinegar, and it has lasted ages in the fridge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2011 07:54AM by FarmAway.
September 15, 2011 01:47AM
Hi there,
I would love to get some horseradish,have been searching for months now with no joy.Have no problem with paying to get it.Thanks Jenny
September 15, 2011 02:28AM
Hi Jenny

Send me a private message to get my address (don't want money, just cost of postage covered). I finally figured out how to initiate a private message, but I can't see you on the list of registered users.

Cheers,
Louisa
Hi,
I am intersted in growing horseradish. I would love a couple of roots or seeds. I live in Tauranga and would pick up and pay for them or will send a stamp addressed envelope.
regards Janice
November 13, 2011 07:29AM
Hi
I am also interested in growing horseradish seeds or roots. I live in Papamoa and would pick up and pay for them or send a stamp addressed envelope. regards Sharon McKelvey
November 13, 2011 08:12AM
Horseradish is a wonderful plant - always plenty to share!

Sharon - I have sent you a private message.

Janice - I couldn't send you a private message because you're not on the member list. If you join the forum and send me a private message, I'll give you my address for the envelope (I'm in Canterbury, so not in picking up distance from Tauranga).

Cheers,
Louisa
November 14, 2011 01:27AM
Hi my email is janicegnz@yahoo.co.nz thanks
November 14, 2011 01:45AM
Hi Louisa,

I wonder if you still have some horseradish roots and I would like to grow it in my garden.

Cheers, James
November 14, 2011 02:54AM
Janice - I've emailed you my address.

James - I've sent you my address via Private Message.

Cheers,
Louisa
November 18, 2011 07:43AM
The garden centres all seem to have horseradish plants this season. Have planted 3 and can't wait.
November 26, 2011 06:23AM
Hi
Would it be possible for you to send me some horseradish root.
Thanks so much
Jilly
January 03, 2012 06:41PM
I am in the waikato and have quite a few fully grown plants. If you look on trademe you will find or txt 0212943352.Pickup would be easiest?
January 18, 2012 08:12AM
Hi there,

Interested in getting some horseradish root off you if that's still possible! Could you please email me mayhem274@hotmail.com.

Cheers, Katrina
January 19, 2012 02:48AM
Done :-)
February 04, 2013 10:34AM
Can you help me too. I have been trying everywhere to find some to plant.
February 04, 2013 09:22PM
I'm happy to share cuttings from my horseradish root, just send me a private message. It costs between $2 to $4 to mail roots as they are quite chunky, so I ask people to send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope for me to send the root in (one of those prepaid plastic NZ Post bags are perfect). Horseradish is one of those plants (like mint) that once you've got it, you've got it forever smiling smiley
February 05, 2013 10:49AM
Thank you so much Farmaway.
I will send a post bag when I have your address.
Mike (cyberos)
February 08, 2013 12:53AM
I've send you a private message, Mike.
April 25, 2013 10:02AM
Hi There,I am wondering do you still have some of horseradis roots to give a way.Thank you
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.