Coffee grounds
June 11, 2013 05:24AM
I came home with a large bag of coffee grounds from our local cafe this morning.
Although I realise that winter is not prime growth time so the ground doesn't need much feeding I guess it can't do harm to sprinkle them over my garden and lawn....
Any thoughts on this?
Re: Coffee grounds
June 11, 2013 07:02AM
I sprinkle them on and mix them in year round. Less of a food and more a soil conditioner. I've found they appear to do a bit to deter slugs and snails - not sure if they don't like crawling over the grounds or if it is the smell.
August 23, 2013 02:33PM
it will create problem.The other things can get smell of coffee.It will be better that you use it as early as possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 02:34PM by Harvey.
February 10, 2014 09:45AM
First of all coffee ground are a actual acceptable accession to your composting efforts. They would be advised a "green" or nitrogen source. C/N arrangement about 20:1.

While it is broadly anticipation that they are acerb it has been apparent that a lot of of this acidity is removed in the brewing process.
April 04, 2014 04:49AM
I now get a bag of coffee grounds every week or more from my local cafe. I just sprinkle them over the lawn, dump them into the compost or toss them around at will.
April 05, 2014 04:31AM
Neat idea, i've got some time off next week so i might do the rounds and see how much I can get. I've got a ton of space to fill (see how deep the garden fork is!)

April 10, 2014 09:49PM
Wow Chris, you will definitely need a good breakfast before attempting that but yes some coffee would be good for appealing to worms and a space filler.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.