Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Help! Disaster!

Posted by judym 
Help! Disaster!
August 23, 2017 05:53AM
We moved into our newly built home a few months ago. Still don't have topsoil/grass seed down. Needed to plant out wooden planters on concrete patio so some colour.

Bought some planter boxes but wanted to stain before planting. Laid out cardboard on new concrete patio and laid out planters on top to stain as soil around house very orange and walking/working on makes big mess everywhere.
Got to last planter and then somehow knocked the tin of stain over. Yup; I'm in deep trouble.

Have tried a Napisan slurry which worked in the past when buying outdoor furniture which leached into concrete but has not worked.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am in so so much trouble. It is a water-based stain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2017 05:57AM by judym.
Re: Help! Disaster!
August 23, 2017 07:11AM
Call the manufacturer? Do you have some outdoor bleach (there are several brands, 30 Second Cleaner etc, but it is a much stronger concentration than Janola)? You could even try regular Janola if that is all you have. Is the concrete sealed, stained or painted at all?

What a horrible moment that must have been!
August 23, 2017 07:17AM
Yes it was a very horrible moment. Concrete is raw. Not sealed or painted at all.
August 23, 2017 11:42AM
I agree about calling the manufacturer or the store where you bought your stain from.
If no luck there, check your insurance policy, it would probably be under your House Insurance. If the worst comes to the worst that portion of the concrete may have to be redone.
August 23, 2017 11:55AM
My husband was a bldr (retired) says you won't just get it off you could hire a grinder & go over it but you will need to do it all. It will make it look like exposed agrigate. It will come out smooth not rough. He says really he would need to look at it to judge properly but he doubts you will ever move it it will always have a stain look. What about insurance?
J1
August 24, 2017 12:37AM
You could paint/stain the concrete.

[www.wikihow.com]

If you do a Google image search for "paint concrete patio", people do amazing things...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.