Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Website Errors?

Posted by Irene Field 
Website Errors?
September 20, 2019 11:52PM
Firstly, when you go into the forum, ie either food or non food, if a poster is obviously spam, I do not open the thread and just mark as all messages read. What has been happening for a long time and still now, is that on the home page of the forums you are missing out on being notified of new posts. If you then open say the non foodlovers forum, every single message is marked as unread. TPANDAV mentioned recently this was happening to her as well.

Secondly, I went to send a private message this morning and inputted the first letter of the recipient's name, and it brought up someone I don't know and then I could not use the scroll down arrow to find the person I wanted. It jammed on the first entry's name and froze.

Edited to add that this morning (Sunday) I was able to send the private message easily. So not sure if it was a one off glitch or if it has been fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2019 01:07AM by Irene Field.
Re: Website Errors?
September 22, 2019 10:43PM
Is this working ok now in general?
September 23, 2019 03:29AM
All seems to be okay Helen, but with regards the forums not showing unread threads, I will test it out today if possible again
cheers
September 24, 2019 12:30AM
It has happened again today with forums not showing any unread on the home page, and when I open it everything is marked as unread.

A spammer did post around 2am, so as a test I didn't open the thread, and just marked everything as read, and now I see there is a post from Lorna since then, but only due to the fact I took note of the times.
October 21, 2019 11:57PM
Hi Irene, can you post a screenshot of what is happening so I can look into this?
October 22, 2019 10:23PM
Hi Ian. Next time it happens shall do. But you have cut the amount of spamming so it may be a while smiling smiley
J1
October 24, 2019 09:38AM
The foodlovers food talk was in this state when I just went into now so here's a photo of it. As Irene said, it's been happening for years and occurs whenever spam is removed. For instance just now the Foodlovers Non-Foodie Chat has three new spam threads about shoes (Adidas, Nike Air and Air Jordan) and I know that once these are removed, all threads will be flagged as per my photo.
Attachments:
open | download - Foodlovers all flags.jpg (601.6 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.