Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Kid Friendly Cafes

Posted by Mum in Auckland 
Kid Friendly Cafes
November 29, 2004 03:17AM
Hi.

I am dead keen to hear about kid-friendly cafes in Auckland - so far I have a wee list that includes Frolic (opp Cornwall Park), The Maple Room (Benson Rd shops), Mosaic (Albany), Mecca (Mission Bay), Butterfly Creek (airport) not to mention various garden centres and shopping mall places but goodness knows there must be others!!!

Any ideas? Summer is the time to get out and about with littlies but where?
Re: Kid Friendly Cafes
November 29, 2004 04:15AM
Whitcoulls Cafe at Botany Town centre is a child friendly cafe - depending on the age of your child though I think!

It was great when Aidan wasn't mobile and when he starting crawling/walking as they have a playpen type area. But once he wasnt' keen to be in there anymore I have found it not so great - they have a Thomas the Tank Engine train set up which he loves, but unfortunately it's a wee way from the seated cafe area and you can't really watch them. And the toddlers can escape to the escalators and out of the cafe too easily!

But if your babe is not so mobile or older, then it is good!

Cheers, Wilm
Lyn
Re: Kid Friendly Cafes
November 29, 2004 05:24AM
Atomic on Ponsonby Road, nice sandpit with outdoor area for parents, fenced in & a few toys but feel free to bring something if you know your going there. Not a big area but nice. They do wonderful coffee & are a friendly lot, often very busy though.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.