Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Christmas gift - Gingerbread Houses

Posted by RH 
RH
Christmas gift - Gingerbread Houses
November 11, 2005 11:03AM
Good evening all,

I'm just curious to know if any of you lovely ladies and men make Gingerbread Houses to give as gifts at Christmas time?

There are a couple of talented ladies at a church nearby that are doing a Gingerbread House making evening in a few weeks time and I've booked to go along to try my culinary skills at making these.

I've often walked past bakerys and cafes at Christmas time and always stopped to admire the work put into these. They look fiddly but I'm willing to give it a go.

Is there any tips or advice that anyone can offer on these?

Thanks in advance

RH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2005 11:04AM by RH.
Lp
Re: Christmas gift - Gingerbread Houses
November 12, 2005 07:12AM
If anyone does have a good recipe or ideas I would love to know too so I can give it a go. Thanks.
November 12, 2005 10:59AM
The kids at our local school make up a batch of gingerbread to make their gingerbread creations for pet day. One girl did a beautiflu gingerbread house. The recipe is really basic - but some of the creations are amazing!! It's fantastic to see what can be made out of dough!! Give me a shout if you want the school recipe.
Liza
November 12, 2005 08:09PM
Just google how to make a gingerbread house and up come so many ideas I couldn't choose, complete with step by step instructions, recipes, tips and how to construct the whole thing.
Hi,
I always go to the local church (for the last 5 years) to do the gingerbread house. They only charge $15-$20 and EVERYTHING is provided (lollies, icing etc). It's a big womens mission thing here in Sydney so most Anglican churches run an evening in November or earliy December.

Just a hint - buy a packet of cadbury favourites or something and tip them in before you put the roof on - a lovely surprize when someone 'breaks in'
RH
November 13, 2005 12:22PM
Hi Rachel,

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for the hint and I am really looking forward to that evening in a few weeks time smiling smiley

Cheers

RH
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.