Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Raspberry Slice

Posted by Nikki Nolan 
Raspberry Slice
April 01, 2003 12:46AM
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has a slice recipie that is like the Ernest Adams Raspberry slice - shortbread with jam in the middle and pink icing. My family love this but as yet cannot come up with an equivalent which tastes just as good.

Thanks Nikki smiling smiley
Re: Raspberry Slice
April 01, 2003 01:16AM
Hello

Alot of us had a good discussion over old fashioned favourites and raspberry slice was one of them. If you go to older messages and scroll down you will find a recipe and numerous other great recipes.

Kathryn
April 01, 2003 01:21AM
Hello
I had a quick glance back and the recipe was posted at the end of Jan. I had to hit older messages about 4 or 5 times.

Kathryn
April 02, 2003 12:14AM
Hi Kathryn
I have had a look back to see if I could find the Raspberry Slice recipe you mention is in a post back in Jan. and can't seem to spot it. Do you remember what heading it was under?
Lucy

Roz
April 02, 2003 02:21AM
Enclosed is the Raspberry Slice recipe Nikki. Let us know if you make it and the end results. Enjoy.

Author: kathryn ()
Date: 01-31-03 08:57

My alltime favourite would have to been raspberry square and belgium square. A close second would be shortbread made with icing sugar not castor sugar and sugar buns.

Raspberry Square
6 oz butter
3 oz sugar
10 flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 lg egg

Usual method for mixing. Knead gently for a good consistency. Divide into two and roll once piece on to a tray. Spread with a generous amount of raspberry jam. Roll other half and place on top, it doesn't matter if it is rough as icing covers all mistakes. Prick all over and bake in mod oven until lightly golden. When cold ice with white icing and sprinkle with raspberry jelly crystals. Cut when cold.

Cheers
Roz

Roz
April 02, 2003 02:25AM
Don't know where that email address came from, it's wrong. Mine is with paradise.net.nz
Roz
April 02, 2003 02:27AM
Something is wrong, will have to ring Paradise.......
April 02, 2003 11:33AM
Roz your e.mail is right - if you click on your name and click properties it comes up. I don't know about the one in brackets but don't think its relevant. I must ask Claire.
If anyone clicked on your name though they could successfully send you an e.mail
Helen.
April 05, 2003 12:55PM
I just found this recipe the other day in an old recipe book of mums when I was looking for different square recipes to try. This one turned out well (just like ernest adams). Hope you like it.

Basic Shortbread recipe

1/4 lb (4oz) Butter
1/4 lb (4oz) Sugar
1 egg
1/2 lb (8oz) flour
1 teaspn baking powder

Cream butter & sugar, add egg and dry ingredients.

Roll shortcake into a large square on greaseproof paper. Spread raspberry jam on half. Fold plain half on top. Peel that 1/2 paper back & tear off at fold. 20 mins Moderate oven. Cool. Ice with pink icing and cut into squares.
August 09, 2003 12:24AM
Hi Roz, Made your recipe for Raspberry Slice yesterday - a huge success with the family, just like the one you buy! Too scared to mention any names here with recent trouble of brand names. Thanks so much Roz - I have been searching a long time for this one.
Regards, Michele
August 09, 2003 09:21AM
perhaps Steve would like to share his Raspberry slice Recipe???
August 09, 2003 11:14AM
Thanks Lisa
I would be more than happy to share my recipe.

Raspberry Slice
3kgs Butter (Soft)
2kgs Sugar
750grms Egg
Cream above and then add

5kgs Flour
50grms Baking powder
Lemon essence

Mix dry ingredients to above creating a nice dough.If you think it is too soft place in fridge for a while.
Using a slice tray weigh of equals parts of dough for bottom and top.Lightly flour your bence and pin out dough and spread over slice tray not too think.Spread a nice layer of raspberry jam over sweet pastry and then pin out your top and place over jam.Cut off excess pasty from edges and using a fork dock holes in top of pastry.
Bake in over 180c for appox 15 minutes.
This recipe can also be used for Belgium Slice by adding Spices and Ginger.
I know this is a really big recipe but divide all ingredients by five and if you have dough left make some raspberry biscuits.

Regards Steve .
August 09, 2003 01:26PM
Hi,

The address is brackets after your name is not your email address, but your IP address for the connection you're currently on. Paradise is owned by TelstraClear, and I gather clix.net is part of their network.

Anyway, you don't need to worry about what shows up after your name.

Claire Hurman
Foodlovers Webmaster
Pat
August 10, 2003 02:32AM
Steve I am going to try your slice,but will do the divide by 5 thing.The problem is the, 750gms egg, I am not to sure how to go there.
Any idea how many eggs,
Cheers Pat

August 10, 2003 08:23AM
Hi pat,
Can't tell Steve is a baker can you:p!!! He obviously hasn't had a chance to get back to you after his tiring week in Palmerston North at the trade show.
One egg is usually said to be equal to 50 grams.
Hope this helps
Kind Regards
Lisa
Pat
August 11, 2003 05:18AM
Thank you Lisa,I will give them a go .
I did think it was a hugh amount of slice.
I do know that you are such a busy lady thanks for getting back to me
Cheers Pat
August 11, 2003 09:13AM
Hi Pat
Lisa is so correct on both cases yes 50grm = one egg and yes I have been quite tied as I had an extremely busy week last week and this week seems to be going the same way.
Good luck with the sweet paste and it is a really beautiful eating slice.

Cheers Steve
Pat
August 11, 2003 10:40PM
Hi Steve
I hope that you can find time to have a rest this week, you sure have been busy.
I am looking forward to making that slice, and Lisa is a great help, she is another who is so busy.
I can work out the rest but the egg thing got me.
Cheers Pat
jelly slice
May 08, 2004 10:52AM
hey there,
does any one here know the recepie for jelly slice, yum, if you do could you please send it to my email nick.arrowsmith.00@brs.tas.edu.au thank you cya
Re: jelly slice
September 09, 2005 07:03PM
Does anyone remember mixing a jelly packet with milk instead of water?? I remember something like that just cant remember exactly what it was.

Thanks.
September 09, 2005 11:05PM
Hi Claire,

Just to clarify the brackets next to your name actually is not your IP Address, an IP address consists of a sequence of numbers, whats in the brackets is just your internet provider infomation.
September 09, 2005 11:09PM
When i say Internet provider info what i mean is the network your on for example I am currently using ameritech however the IP Address for your computer is a sequence of numbers.
September 10, 2005 12:06AM

Its funny I made a double recipe last week, my daughter was going to stay with a family who loved rasp slice and bought it in the little pkts .
I had Mums recipe , took me ages to find it . ( We kept the edgy bits , yum)
September 11, 2005 01:20AM
My family love this jelly slice, but cut into fingers as a bigger slice is to much.
1. 1 packet crushed Malt biscuits 6oz melted butter
Mix together & press into 9 inch square ocntainer. Set in fridge

2. 2 heaped teaspoons Geletin 1/4 cup hot water
1 tin sweetened condensed milk juice of 3 lemons
Dissolve geletin in hot water, add condensed milk & lemon juice.
Mix well then pour over biscuit base. Set in fridge.

3. 1 packet Jelly made with 2 cups hot water. let go really cold but not set
Using back of a spoon slowly pour the jelly over the lemon slowly mix
or the jelly will make holes into lemon mix. Set in fridge about 4 hours.
Enjoy.
September 11, 2005 01:23AM
My family love this jelly slice, but cut into fingers as a bigger slice is to much.
1. 1 packet crushed Malt biscuits 6oz melted butter
Mix together & press into 9 inch square ocntainer. Set in fridge

2. 2 heaped teaspoons Geletin 1/4 cup hot water
1 tin sweetened condensed milk juice of 3 lemons
Dissolve geletin in hot water, add condensed milk & lemon juice.
Mix well then pour over biscuit base. Set in fridge.

3. 1 packet Jelly made with 2 cups hot water. let go really cold but not set
Using back of a spoon slowly pour the jelly over the lemon slowly mix
or the jelly will make holes into lemon mix. Set in fridge about 4 hours.
Enjoy.
September 11, 2005 01:58AM

Hi Amanda , the milk thats mixed with the jelly is the tin of Ideal milk , it needs to be extemely cold and it whips up like cream. Mix 2 pkts of jelly
in 1 cup boiling water......... let it go really cool and whip into jelly .
set in fridge . goodluck , ngaire
September 11, 2005 07:16AM
Jelly made with milk is called Simple Spanish Cream. Recipe in older Edmonds Recipe Book. Lovely quick & easy dessert.
September 11, 2005 04:44PM
Thanks so much!!!!!
April 03, 2007 06:51AM
bump
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.