Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

bread maker not mixing correctly

Posted by carolynab 
bread maker not mixing correctly
March 12, 2008 04:06AM
hi
i have just been asked a question by my brother in law. He has got a breville bakers oven BB280 where it does not mix probably it has a corner where the flour is not mixed in. I have not had this problem myself so i am hoping that some one here can help us with this problem they only just got the breadmaker at the weekend. I talked them into getting one he he he
thanks in advance
carolyn
Re: bread maker not mixing correctly
March 12, 2008 04:38AM
I have a Breville BB380 and haven't had major problems with excess flour. Occasionally there may a little pocket of unmixed flour on the bottom but only about 1/2 tsp - nothing major. Is he putting the ingredients in the pan in the correct order? With my machine you need to put the liquid in first but I know some makes, you start with the dry ingredients.The other possibility is that he is using too much flour so the dough can't absorb it all.
March 12, 2008 05:59AM
My thought too was that maybe the liquid isn't going into the pan first?
Regards,
Dawn.
March 12, 2008 09:11PM
With my Sunbeam and with my first machine, a Panasonic, the dry ingredients went in first and I have never had the problem. My first thought is that Brian possibly needs another couple of teaspoons of water in his mixture once the bulk of the flour and water have been incorporated.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.