Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

jam funnel

Posted by helen 
jam funnel
November 18, 2008 04:05AM

I wonder if you might be able to help me. My 87 yr old Mum is still making jam. She has recently moved house and unfortunately she has lost the jam funnel she used to pour the jam into the jam jars. We can't find one anywhere. Would you have any ideas. She says the funnel is larger and wider at the bottom than ordinary funnels. Thank you for your time. Cheers
Sandy
(request emailed to Helen)
Re: jam funnel
November 18, 2008 04:19AM
Hi

I was in Milly's in Auckland just recently and they had a whole table of jam making kits including the funnels. You cam order on line

Helen B.
November 18, 2008 04:21AM
I think I may have also seen them on TAble Pride's website - they are in Tauranga but also do mail order.
November 18, 2008 05:20AM
It is a while since I looked but they used to be available in supermarkets sometimes and the other place I have seen them is in Plastic Box or Payless Plastic shops. What about Briscoes, or Hammer hardware or Mitre 10. I remember last time I wanted one It took awhile to find and now I have 3 different ones.

Jean
November 18, 2008 08:20AM
I have used a strong bottle cut down in an emergency.Something like a dishwasher powder bottle well washed.
November 18, 2008 10:29AM
I bought a fantastic stainless one (with a slightly smaller opening on it than the plastic one I already had which was exactly the same size as a small jar - so balanced on the rim) at either Farros (sp?) or Nosh - Farros I think, when visiting Auckland earlier in the year. I think everyone thought I was quite "different" as I was so excited. It fits nicely in the neck of the smaller size jars (square and hexagonal which I recycle), and I have used it so much for other things as well. Well worth looking out for. Janet
November 18, 2008 06:52PM
I found mine in a box of plastic kitchen 'junk' in our local Op' Shop.
November 18, 2008 10:11PM
Payless Plastics sells plastic ones and there is a seller on TradeMe who sells stainless steel jam funnels for about $8.

I have one of each and prefer the stainless version smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.