Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Biscuit Base

Posted by Lorna 
Biscuit Base
February 17, 2009 05:44AM
I had thought of making a baked cheesecake with the ricotta that I made the other day but I prefer my cheesecake with a biscuity base. Without thinking, today I picked up 2 packets of dark chocolate wheatmeal biscuits (they were on special for $1.99 a packet). Has anyone tried baking with these biscuits crumbed? What happens to the chocolate? Or am I better to just eat the biscuits as they are and buy some plain ones such as round wine?

For the filling I intend adding eggs, sugar, a bit of cream and some drained and whizzed up apricots to the ricotta.. The thought of chocolate and apricots appeals to me, but I don't know if baking the choccy biscuits will work. The cost of all the ingredients is a bit high so I don't want to waste them (specially my 'first attempt' ricotta).
Re: Biscuit Base
February 17, 2009 10:15AM
Hi Lorna
I have made a cheesecake using chocolate thins before and it was fine. I whizzed the biscuits in food processor so they were quite fine. Did a quick google and there are several baked cheesecakes that use a chocolate or chocolate coated biscuit. Enjoy whatever you decide to do! smiling smiley
Re: Biscuit Base
February 17, 2009 07:52PM
Thank you for that, Diana. I had looked at lots of baked cheesecake recipes online and couldn't find one using chocolate biscuits as the base. Anyway, I'll give it a go and see how it works out.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.