Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

surebake

Posted by carolynab 
surebake
July 09, 2008 10:55AM
Hi
i have just gone to do my shopping at woolworths in new plymouth and they no longer stock surebake i even went to the other woolworths but no they no longer have it. I dont know if this is happening at other supermarkets. I am hoping that this is not going to disappear from the shelves.
Cheers
Carolyn
Re: surebake
July 09, 2008 11:30AM
I've had the same problem. It now seems to be labelled Tasti.
July 09, 2008 12:39PM
Hmm. I thought Tasti and Surebake were entirely different brands. Surebake being Edmonds, and the Tasti "Breadmaker Yeast" being, well.. Tasti brand. I've considered trying the Tasti yeast several times as it is significantly cheaper at my supermarket ($3.50 for Tasti vs $5.00 for Surebake), but haven't been brave enough!

I've only ever seen Surebake referenced here -- does anyone use the Tasti yeast with good results?

Carolyn, I hope Woolworths brings it back in stock. I've not noticed it being displaced from shelves around here, but then again I rarely shop at Progressive stores (no reason other than New World and Pak N Save are the closest to me).
July 09, 2008 12:56PM
Yes, I did brave the Tasti brand of yeast and it is great - no difference whatsoever to the Surebake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2008 12:57PM by anneb.
July 09, 2008 09:18PM
Tasti is a NZ brand; have a look here to see what they do.
[www.tasti.co.nz]
July 10, 2008 02:53AM
hi all.
i've used Tasti breadmaker yeast for years and found it no different in performance to Surebake. incidentally, I used to get one called Country harvest. I think from memory it was made in the south island. Does anyone know if this brand is still available?
Cheers
Andrew
July 10, 2008 04:36AM

Carol,
I got Surebake from the grocery part of the big red shed this morning.
Maybe they still have it because they don't turn it over as quickly as a Supermarket.

Hope this helps,

Beverley
July 10, 2008 08:08AM
Hi there i buy surebake at Bin Inn , its great ,
Their name is SUPABAKE ACTIVE YEAST BLEND.
Ive used surebake for years and find this supabake the same, all the best ngaire
July 10, 2008 10:33PM
hi
thanks guys i will try the tasti one when i no longer can get surebake i did get a couple of bottles yesterday from pak n save
thanks
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.