Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

HELP Where are all the finger food recipes?

Posted by Monty 
HELP Where are all the finger food recipes?
February 08, 2010 11:18PM
This is my first visit to the new site. I can't find all the wonderful finger food recipes from the old site.
Re: HELP Where are all the finger food recipes?
February 10, 2010 11:46PM
What type of things were you looking for Monty, perhaps we can help you.
February 11, 2010 08:21PM
Hi Monty,
they should be there now if you go to the top of the page and search finger food or do so from the recipe page. remember to click the recipe only option so you don't get everything relating to finger food.
February 13, 2010 11:12AM
Thank you Helen. There are still a lot of finger food recipes mising that were on the old site.
February 14, 2010 02:10AM
The search is not working correctly in several ways. If I type a word (e.g. curd) in the main search box it goes to a different page and gives me another search box with "recipes only" automatically ticked beneath it, and this search box is also skewed - you cannot type in the box - you have to type out to the righthand side next to the second "search" word that appears in the middle of nowhere. If I then type "curd" in that space, I get a page of curd-related recipes but there are many missing. Passionfruit Curd came up so I clicked on that but, on being taken to the Passionfruit Curd recipe page, there were links at the bottom of that page to Lemon Curd and Blood Orange Curd. These two curds did not show up in my main curd search, but they should have.

So I agree with Monty, there are probably a lot of finger food recipes still missing from the search results, if the curd results are anything to go by. And the search box has gone all strange.

Please be assured this is intended as positive, helpful feedback for Helen (i.e. not negative criticism) as she grapples with the vageries of her new website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2010 02:11AM by Jennifer1.
February 15, 2010 12:55AM
Hi Jennifer1 - can you explain what you mean that you can't type into the search box?
I can on my computer and just wondering why this is happening to you and who else it may be affecting as well.
Our recipes are all there but we are having issues with categorising - I am going through sorting them now.
We are onto that but I was unaware of you not being able to type into the search box.
February 15, 2010 01:37AM
If I use Firefox, the search box displays correctly and I can type in it. However, if I use Internet Explorer, the box goes all funny. I'll email you with a screen shot.
February 17, 2010 12:38AM
We have hopefully rectified serarch problems - jennifer1 thanks for sending through screen shot, very helpful.
J1
February 17, 2010 05:21AM
You are most welcome and I've just checked it and it's acting much more sensibly now, thank you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.