Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Help please Helen

Posted by joy 
joy
Help please Helen
March 06, 2009 10:57PM
Hello Helen, there was a recipe on the Radio show this morning from the Bin Lady, it was Mrs Carrs slice. It had rolled oats and choclate in it. I tried writing it down, but my pen and brain were too slow. Could I have it please?
Re: Help please Helen
March 07, 2009 10:36AM

Joy,

At the top of this page, type in Radio Live and click "go"

Helen puts all the Saturday session recipes there, but give her a few days, she's a busy lady.

Cheers,

Beverley
joy
March 07, 2009 11:05PM
Thanks Beverley, you learn some thing every day??
March 08, 2009 04:21AM
Firstly melt 225grams of chocolate and put this into a greased and lined Swiss Roll tin and leave to set. Then cream 55 grams of butter and 115 grams of sugar until it goes all light and fluffy. Add 1 egg that has been already beaten. Then add 115 grams of quick cook rolled oats and 30 grams of desiccated coconut. And lastly add the dried fruit and nuts. So mix in 55 grams of chopped nuts, 55 grams of sultanas and 8 glace cherries which have been cut into quarters. Mix it altogether and spread evenly over the chocolate. Bake at 180 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave for 5 minutes then mark into pieces. Leave until cold before removing from the tin. It makes about 16 pieces.
joy
March 09, 2009 05:56AM
Thank you Helen.

Joy
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.