Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Creme Brulee blowtorch uses?

Posted by Vanessa 
Creme Brulee blowtorch uses?
August 17, 2015 01:07AM
On Friday night I arrived home to an indoor campfire experience, right down to a roaring crackling fire and toasted marshmallows.

The roaring fire was actually a 7 hour YOUTUBE video synced to the TV with awesome sound affects and we had toasted marshmallows using out creme brûlée blow torch.
(picnic rug, bubbles and pizza too)

Ive had the blowtorch in my cupboard for a few years now and never used it! Now im addicted.

What other foodie uses does my blow torch have?

Vanessa
Re: Creme Brulee blowtorch uses?
August 17, 2015 03:29AM
browning the tops of anything, singing the hairs or pinfeathers off game birds are two of the things i use mine for.....and not a foodie use, but i actually use mine for fine filigree soldering too LOL, less likely to melt silver wires than my jewelers torch i find LOL.
August 19, 2015 12:49AM
My griller is useless for doing toast or anything on toast, the bars are so far apart that you have to have things directly underneath a bar and then move around whatever you are grilling to get all parts done, so I toast my bread in the toaster, put on the cheese and melt it with my blowtorch. Not quite the same as grilled cheese on toast, but close enough. Does anyone know of a small, bench top griller that toasts both sides efficiently? I have a little Breville bench top oven, but again, the bars are to far apart for efficient grilling of anything. They need at least three or four bars, not the measly two that are worse than useless because it's frustrating using them.
August 19, 2015 01:58AM
A little blowtorch is good for singeing Italian meringue.
August 19, 2015 03:43AM
Can also be used to blacken the skin of peppers instead of using a grill.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.