Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Potato Chips

Posted by Plates 
Potato Chips
December 18, 2016 11:03PM
Has anyone ever tried making these at home and if so, what were the results.

I found this link and am keen to give it a go. - [www.theguardian.com]
Re: Potato Chips
December 19, 2016 02:20AM
Hi Plates - no I haven't, but I came across this Curtis Stone 'How To' clip the other day. Looks easy and delish.

[www.youtube.com]
December 19, 2016 05:14AM
Thanks. That was interesting to watch. He used the blanching method. Outcome looked good.
DK
December 27, 2016 08:26AM
I'm a potato chip fiend so I make homemade chips all the time. I do them a myriad of ways depending on my mood. Deep frying is the most idiot-proof. Airfrying is pretty ok but yields uneven results. The dehydrator is time-consuming but the chips have a real potato flavour; you can also make Pringles-type chips in the dehydrator by processing cooked potato into a paste with flavourings - these are good but far too easy to eat!
January 08, 2017 10:53PM
Ive done deep fried potato chips many times. They're yummy. I usually just use my cast iron enamelled casserole to try in, and I usually soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for a while before drying and frying. Well worth the effort smiling smiley (such as it is)
January 09, 2017 08:05PM
I did do it. Per the article I just soaked instead of blanched like Curtis Stone did. I would blanch next time as it took a long time to fry them to a chip.

It was well worth it and would do again for an occasion.
January 13, 2017 10:10AM
I love making potato chips at home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.