Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

duck eggs

Posted by johnnyG 
duck eggs
March 25, 2017 08:20AM
I am in Wellington and would like duck eggs for eating as I am allergic to hen eggs
Could anyone help with a supplier please
Re: duck eggs
March 25, 2017 11:10AM
Not sure about a supplier but Moore Wilson would surely sell them (and also have the name of their supplier).

Clare
March 25, 2017 11:50PM
I have tired Moore Wilson and unfortunately they do not sell them
April 04, 2017 06:03AM
Do you have an online community site in your area a bit like "Neighbourly" or here in West auckland we have several community pages were locals can buy and sell and also post info and report things like suspicious characters and traffic issues, lost pets etc. We often have locals offering produce for gate sales or just offering to sell gluts and season excess. You can also make a request much as you have done on this site.
April 04, 2017 06:05AM
They are usually accessed through Facebooksmiling smiley Like this one....

Wellington Community Noticeboard

However, I just checked Neighbourly.co.nz and you don't need facebook for that, if you want to check it out just google it and then click Wellington, then Notices and you can browse all the suburbs near you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 07:17AM by Danube.
April 05, 2017 09:57AM
A duck egg’s white tends to be nearly transparent, lacking the slight yellowish tint some chicken eggs have. Its yolk, though, is what’s so prized by chefs: a duck yolk is much bigger than a chicken yolk.
DK
July 10, 2017 10:55AM
I found the following discussion on the Lifestyle Block forum pages from a few years ago:
Looking for duck eggs in Wellington
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.