Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Chicken drums and Bacon - Ideas please

Posted by Vanessa45 
Chicken drums and Bacon - Ideas please
August 11, 2017 03:31AM
Sitting on my bench at the moment is a tray of chicken thighs and some bacon.
Ideas for dinner tonight please, preferably with a sauce.

Vanessa
Re: Chicken drums and Bacon - Ideas please
August 11, 2017 06:16AM
Are they drumsticks or thighs? You could make a simple braise - brown the chicken pieces and chopped bacon in butter, lower heat and add a finely chopped onion and some garlic, cook over low heat for five minutes to soften the onions. Add fresh chicken stock, salt and pepper, simmer for about 45 minutes until tender and sauce reduced to about 1/2 a cup. Add 1/2 c plain cream, adjust seasoning with salt/lemon juice. Add 1/2 c finely chopped parsley or dill, or 1/4c finely chopped sage.

Alternatively use olive oil instead of butter, use a tin of chopped tomatoes instead of stock, omit cream, add 1 tab dried oregano. Some chopped anchovies would be good in this version.
August 11, 2017 07:25AM
What a good idea tpandav as I also have chicken thighs out for tomorrow nights dinner and I hadn't thought of what to do with them as yet.Will do that with them thanks.
August 14, 2017 12:28AM
Ohhhhh it was drums BUT thanks - I LOVE the idea of a chicken braise, Ill do that with thighs and serve it with mash. Im pretty sure it will be a winner with my kids too.
Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.