Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Sidart - anyone been?

Posted by Vanessa45 
Sidart - anyone been?
September 20, 2017 03:45AM
I was lucky enough to get a substantial voucher for this restaurant. Ive never been.
Its a special occasion restaurant, judging by the prices.
Has anyone been? Any recommendations?

Vanessa
Re: Sidart - anyone been?
September 20, 2017 07:46AM
I went in 2013, but to the Tuesday Test Kitchen. It was an experience for sure, with lots of deconstruction and foams, if I recall correctly. I thoroughly enjoyed most of the 9 courses, but there were a couple that weren't up my alley. My takeaway from the evening was that raspberry and cilantro is a wonderful combination.

So, sorry but I can't help with the current menu - but I'm sure you'll have a great time smiling smiley
September 20, 2017 08:47AM
There is a sample menu on their web site but I understand that it changes daily. I haven't eaten there but friends who have said that it was very interesting, rather demanding, and took quite a bit of concentration as the evening wore on.

Good luck and do report to us!

[www.sidart.co.nz]
September 20, 2017 11:04PM
And I always thought the point of eating out was to have a good time in a relaxing atmosphere! Oh well, it takes all sorts.
September 20, 2017 11:32PM
From what I've read on the internet it seems it is more of a (food) adventure than a relaxing dining experience.
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2017 02:26AM by Dawn.
September 23, 2017 12:24AM
Wow what are we in for - a demanding adventure ;-)

Always up for something new so will let you all know after the experience.
September 23, 2017 01:59PM
I have been to Sidart LOTS of times. I believe it to be NZ's best restaurant and if it's not, it's *very* close.
It's a fine dining degustation restaurant, and Sid is probably NZ's best chef.

It is a special occasion restaurant, and expect some things out of the ordinary but if you have even a passing enjoyment of food, I believe you will really enjoy it.

Love to hear your opinion after you've been. It's been my Birthday restaurant for the past 5 years running and I have been to the Tuesday Test kitchen 3-4 times.
September 23, 2017 03:25PM
So envious. Tell you what, come here and go to my local and we'll take your tickets!
DK
September 24, 2017 10:51PM
I kept meaning to go when they were in the Entertainment Book but now they're not in it any more, I've lost my chance. Still keen to go but now I'm a poor student, might not be for a few years!
September 26, 2017 08:51AM
Ohhh now you're getting me excited.
Hopefully we can organise it to go soon - gulp, it might have to be our "Auckland" special occasion restaurant. Better start saving I think ;-)
Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.