Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Milk bottles may be engineered to pour less smoothly

Posted by J1 
J1
Milk bottles may be engineered to pour less smoothly
August 21, 2018 12:21AM
There's an article about how all milk is pretty much the same, whether you pay $4.57 for Anchor brand or $3.50 for Countdown brand. [www.stuff.co.nz]

One thing it says is "Pay less. and you get fatter, less fridge-friendly bottles, which may be engineered to pour less smoothly than the bottles richer folk pay for."

Wow. Engineered ON PURPOSE to pour less smoothly. And the implication that they're purposely made to be less fridge-friendly.

How uncharitable. How plain mean is that? How cynical, devious and unethical.
Re: Milk bottles may be engineered to pour less smoothly
August 21, 2018 03:56AM
Goodness J1 - what an article!! I honestly think we should all keep a cow in our back yards. Think about it. A cow would provide an endless supply of the freshest warmest milk; beautiful cream; butter, yoghurt and cheese; mow the lawns; drop fantastic manure for our vege garden; become a pet; hand milking every day would provide a great sense of satisfaction. eye popping smiley
Regards,
Dawn.
August 21, 2018 04:24AM
We are lucky enough to have Jersey Girl milk freely available at our local supermarket, it is superb quality and and it even comes in fridge-friendly containers.
August 21, 2018 06:32AM
I buy the 3L bottles of "Value" brand milk as I don't like the taste of Anchor products, and hate that the first 1/4 of the bottle dribbles when poured. I've taken to having a go at the lip with a craft knife to smooth it out. Works quite well and only takes a second. Annoys me that it needs to be done though.Our fridge (Mitsubishi) thankfully has a good door slot for the chunky bottles!
August 21, 2018 10:02PM
You used to be able to buy a plastic lid that fits over the top of milk bottles with 'clean pour' lip. Thinking about it, it was probably back in the days of glass bottles, becaus I inherited one from my Mum, but I've lost it long ago. Anyway, there's an article in today's NZ Herald about glass milk bottles making a comeback - but it'll cost more, of course!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.