Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Thanks to all !!

Posted by midesire 
Thanks to all !!
November 24, 2019 11:11PM
Hello all,

I am writing to voice my appreciation and thanks to all contributors to this forum. So lovely to have a 'taste' of home.

I am still a kiwi in heart but married a Canadian and have been living in British Columbia Canada for many years now.

I live quite frugally, and have never really adopted a North American (American) type lifestyle. Also my preference lends itself to using mainly NZ cooking and baking recipes, so this forum has been and continues to be so helpful, and at times brings back to me many memories.

Canada is a lovely country to live in but there is no place like home. Time for another visit.

Bless you all
Re: Thanks to all !!
November 25, 2019 12:22AM
Lovely to hear from you midesire, and know that you are so appreciative of these forums. It's always nice to have a 'little bit of home'
to visit. I am English and I visit an English website most days about growing up in the UK in the 50s & 60s and really enjoy the nostalgic trip back in time with people of roughly the same age as me.

We'll look forward to more contributions from you in the future. Perhaps you could introduce us to some local recipes now and then, even though your preference is still for traditional Kiwi fare.
November 25, 2019 02:24AM
Hi Midesire, thanks so much for posting and it is lovely to have you here.
I know that we have lots of kiwi friends here who live around the globe, many who prefer to read than to "chat".
It is always nice to see a new contributor.
November 25, 2019 09:21AM
Hello Midesire from another transplanted Kiwi, though not nearly as far as you. I'm in Adelaide, and have been in Oz half my life. I still hanker for 'proper' kumara, and when I found yams here in the winter this year, paid $15/kg, just for a taste of home.
Would love to see some Canadian recipes, if you have the time. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.