Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Transporting feijoas

Posted by TPANDAV 
Transporting feijoas
January 19, 2020 11:52PM
In April we will be travelling to London to visit a sick friend. He adores feijoas and I'm wondering if it will be feasible to carry some of our home grown beauties in our luggage as a special present for him. We will be in Singapore for two days, so in all the travel time will be three days. I've checked that it is permitted to bring fruit into both countries and up to 2 kg is okay.

I Has anyone tried this? I was thinking along the lines of wrapping each fruit in kitchen paper and packing them in a large plastic box with a few holes in it. Do you think they would last?
Re: Transporting feijoas
January 20, 2020 03:27AM
I would think they'd be OK - they can lie around on the ground for ages and are fine then, after all, and they'll be cold on the plane. The closest I've got to this was my great-aunt taking home lemons and they arrived in the UK in perfect condition.
Re: Transporting feijoas
January 20, 2020 05:41AM
I took my sister a bag of them bag in the 90s, no problems getting them into the country, and from memory I put them in a paper bag, inside a cardboard box, in my luggage, not my carry on (I dislike the smell of them so didn't want that with me the whole journey).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.