Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Helen’s Zucchini and Ricotta Bake

Posted by Chris 
Helen’s Zucchini and Ricotta Bake
January 31, 2020 05:27AM
I made this bake yesterday and we really loved the taste. The recipe calls for 200g ricotta but I added all of the 250g tub and I was also a bit heavy handed with the Parmesan. What we really enjoyed was the subtle flavour of mint coming through. A great recipe. Thank you Helen.
Re: Helen’s Zucchini and Ricotta Bake
January 31, 2020 05:53AM
Chris I have made it too and also added all of the 250g tub of ricotta. I decided the 50 grams of ricotta was better in the bake than sitting in the fridge and eventually being thrown out. We very much enjoyed Helen's recipe too.
Regards,
Dawn.
PS Funny how I always forget to complete the spam prevention question before I post messages! eye rolling smiley
January 31, 2020 05:55AM
Oh that is so sensible to add the tub of ricotta, it is annoying when you have a small amount left over.
I must have bought a 200g tub as would not usually do that in a recipe.
J1
January 31, 2020 07:17AM
OH! The 50g left over is VERY IMPORTANT! I love fresh ricotta and that 50g is for ME! To eat NOW!

Dawn, "sitting in the fridge and eventually being thrown out." WHAT?!!! eye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smileyeye popping smiley NOOOOOOOOOO!! How can you not scoff it down?? drinking smileydrinking smileydrinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 07:20AM by J1.
January 31, 2020 10:22PM
Haha J1- it's kind of called "WILLPOWER" eye popping smiley and for me I can happily apply it to ricotta, but this cannot be said for every leftover tidbit in the fridge I might add. Feta is another which gets put aside with the intentions of sprinkling the last of over a salad, but it gets forgotten and is often on it's way to self destruction by the time I get get back to it. We don't have plain or whipped cream in the fridge very often but when we do have remainders, a little splash on top of my cereal turns into breakfast fit for a Queen! the finger smiley drinking smileydrinking smileygrinning smiley Naughty.....but nice!
Regards,
Dawn.
Edited - Hah, this has come back at me again - when will I remember to do my sums first?
February 01, 2020 12:26AM
You're not alone, Dawn. Let's not get our knickers in a twist about it, we're the only ones that get hurt! eye rolling smiley No one else knows we have to go back and put the number in.
February 01, 2020 04:49AM
Ha ha Lorna - no knickers twisted here - just laughing verbally at my lack ofeye rolling smileymemoryeye rolling smiley! winking smileywinking smiley
D.cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.