Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Helen's book

Posted by Virgil 
Helen's book
May 03, 2011 05:29AM
Not sure how many of you have bought this yet but I’m thoroughly loving it. Have so far made a number of the recipes with great success. Yes I know, probably sounds biased & all, but it really is very good.
Re: Helen's book
May 03, 2011 06:11AM
I've got it too Virgil and absolutely love it! Well done Helen.
Jojo
May 04, 2011 12:52AM
I also bought a copy (through fishpond) and am constantly pouring over it. I agree it is good and the recipes are all within the capabilities of most of us. It is one that will be in constant use.
I was delighted to see Helen had signed it, too.
May 04, 2011 06:07AM
can we buy it online here Virgil?

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
May 04, 2011 07:45AM
Hi Lynley we don't officially have online sales here on foodlovers as the logistics became too hard.
However I am happy to send out copies to anyone who emails me and is happy to pay by cheque or internet banking.
May 05, 2011 11:59AM
Oooh guess what I found on my dining table at breakfast this morning? Wrapped up in birthday paper with a bow tied around it. Clever husband knew exactly the right gift to give me this year - Helen's wonderful new book. I am a very happy birthday girl!
May 05, 2011 12:58PM
I would love to get a copy of your book Helen, I have hinted for Mothers day, but my sweet mum passed away on Monday so im going to have a pretty crappy Mothers day I think :-(
May 05, 2011 10:45PM
Happy Birthday Lucy - mine on Saturday! - spotted the book in paper plus - looks fantastic! Every good Taurean deserves more recipe books! Zeetra - so sorry to hear about your mum - try to enjoy mother's day anyway - thinking of you - and grateful for my mum and my daughters and my new grand-daughter! x

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
May 06, 2011 01:20AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Zeetra,you poor thing. Hope your wee ones fuss over you good and proper on Sunday!
May 06, 2011 02:02AM
Hugs to you, Zeetra. Losing a Mum is so sad, she will always be part of your life, the memories will stay with you forever. Sooner or later the sun will shine again for you. All Mothers hope their children will be happy.
May 06, 2011 05:03AM
So sorry to hear about your Mum Zeetra. I lost my Mum a long time ago now and always found Mothers Day one of the most emotional for me. But now I have my own kids, the focus is a happier one so I hope the same can happen for you.
May 18, 2011 03:33AM
Helen or Virgil **** Just wondering when the draw for Helen's new book takes place? The closing date wasn't noted on the WIN pages. Ya know, just in case I win it instead of having to buy a copy........
May 18, 2011 05:17AM
oops I will get onto it!
There will be another one next month as well....
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.