Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Prosciutto/pancetta?

Posted by jen 
jen
Prosciutto/pancetta?
January 13, 2012 09:35AM
Donna Hay recipe for quick burger patties calls for pancetta to be wrapped around patty then cooked.
Silly me got prosciutto by mistake, would it work instead of pancetta?
TIA
jen
Re: Prosciutto/pancetta?
January 13, 2012 10:18AM
Given that prosciutto is basically thin ham, you run the risk of having to burn the (delicious) cripy outside shell to cook the inside.

You could try very thin patties and see how it does. Would make the recipe quicker.

[lingerieheaven.co.nz]
Because life is special, not just February 14.

[blog.lingerieheaven.co.nz]

Great way to use up tomatoes (and darn handy)

Eat well, live well, dress well.
Re: Prosciutto/Concetta?
January 14, 2012 05:07AM
Either way, by the time the patty is cooked, the pancetta/prosciutto will be very, very well cooked. But yes, prosciutto will be fine as it's almost indistinguishable from pancetta when cooked.
jen
January 15, 2012 08:58AM
Chickened out excuse the pun, didn't use the 'P' so is still sitting in the fridge, so what do I do with it now? Don't have ready access to figs etc. I'm not a meat eater, so haven't really any clue how to use it up. It is in a sealed package so I guess there's no hurry???
TIA
January 15, 2012 09:38AM
Wrap it around chicken breasts and bake in the oven (slip a basil leaf or some pesto into the centre of the chicken), wrap it around sticks of asparagus and grill, wrap it around melon slices and serve as an entree, Serve it on an antipasto platter. Yum
January 15, 2012 10:02PM
Wrap it around stoned prunes, for a lighter version of devils on horseback. Wrap it around water chestnuts or lychees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 10:02PM by TPANDAV.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.