Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Recipe testers

Posted by helen 
di
Re: Recipe testers
May 27, 2012 12:57PM
Hi Helen,the banana chocolate, yoghurt cake on your site can be all mixed together; just melt the butter.
It makes no difference to the cake. If you don't have the exact ingredient amount the cake is very forgiving.
May 28, 2012 12:51AM
Helen,

Tha Anzac Biscuits are superb. I have been making them, as requested by the duckshooters, every weekend to put in their tucker box.
They are lovely and crispy.

Cheers,

Beverley
May 28, 2012 04:10AM
Would you mind posting your comments on the actual recipes so it doesn't look like I have made them up myself smiling smiley
thanks!
May 28, 2012 04:13AM
I have done that already smiling smiley
May 28, 2012 04:13AM
I made the bran biscuits this morning and they are very good. I have posted a comment on the recipe as requested.
May 28, 2012 04:34AM
Thanks so much - sorry Beverley I should have gone and checked.
I really do appreciate your support with this as would rather have less but good recipes than any that are questionable....
Helen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 04:35AM by helen.
May 28, 2012 05:30AM
No need to apologise, Helen, we are all here to help you, and each other, as is possible.

Beverley
May 28, 2012 11:44AM
I have just made the Old Fashioned Ginger Biscuits - comment posted.
May 28, 2012 12:23PM
I have made the Jaffa Cakes too, I do have some photos which I could email in.....although may be too amateur. They worked well. have posted comments.
May 29, 2012 02:14AM
I am absolutely keen on seeing photos if you do take any....
May 29, 2012 02:15PM
I would love to help out. Sign me up. Now that the winter months are here it is the perfect time to spend more time pottering in the kitchen. Look forward to hearing from you.
June 03, 2012 06:33AM
I love to try some recipes for you too please smiling smiley
Boo
June 05, 2012 12:09AM
Hi,
pleased and willing to test recipes, sign me up !
June 05, 2012 06:11AM
Count me in too. I'll give anything a go, provided it doesn't include pork or brains!
June 10, 2012 12:00PM
I am not sure on the following and need you wonderful advice.
if we decide they are not going to be good then I will cut them before anyone wastes time testing.

Anne's chicken breasts [www.foodlovers.co.nz]

Chicken casserole [www.foodlovers.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 12:06PM by helen.
June 10, 2012 12:22PM
I'm not sure about Anne's chicken. That seems like quite a lot of sun-dried tomatoes and you would need a lot of oil to make a mixture that could be poured. I think the chicken casserole would be fine but chicken in a creamy sauce is a bit 1970's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 12:24PM by PennyG.
June 10, 2012 12:26PM
Neither appeal to me.
June 11, 2012 12:09AM
Nor me. Both recipes are very dated; the quantity of sun-dried tomatoes would be overwhelming; the flour-thickened breadcrumb-topped creamy chicken would be bland and stodgy.
June 11, 2012 08:33AM
OOh good - they are now going.

I made this cake today to test it and it is OK but it needs modifying. The topping was only enough to go on top of the cake not layered in it and the recipe doesn't have a milk amount. I used close to 3/4 cup. The cake does still seem a bit heavy for my liking. Has anyone made a recipe similar and can you tell me how much milk you use or maybe another egg would lighten it up....
[www.foodlovers.co.nz]
June 11, 2012 08:47AM
Salmon loaf makes me feel nauseated - is it OK or one for the bin?
I am embarrassed that there are so many recipes that I need to cull.
Thanks for putting up with me! smiling smileyhttp://www.foodlovers.co.nz/recipes/salmon-loaf.html

I am sure I have heard others saying that this loaf is quick, easy and tasty but has anyone here tried it? [www.foodlovers.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 08:49AM by helen.
June 11, 2012 12:43PM
I have a recipe for a microwaved salmon loaf that is popular with the family.I am happy to try this recipe next week.
I have just posted my comments on the Spicy pot roast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 12:47PM by PennyG.
June 17, 2012 05:34PM
Just thought I would mention that although the layered cake with walnut topping recipe was supplied by Lynette, it wasn't this Lynette so I can't help with your query I'm sorry Helen.
July 01, 2012 09:00AM
I have finally made the salmon loaf. The family enjoyed it and the beaten egg white made it nice and light. I have added my comments to the recipe.
Do you have any more recipes you want tested, Helen?
July 25, 2012 11:31PM
Helen - just so you know daughter no.1 is making this recipe

[www.foodlovers.co.nz]

it refers to adding water - but there is none in the ingredient list.

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
July 25, 2012 11:35PM
Lynley thanks for pointing this out, I will go and look at it now - it should be oil not water as listed in ingredients.
These are exactly the things I need to know as they have slipped through the cracks.

Thanks!
July 28, 2012 07:51AM
Haven't tried it but needs another egg, surely. Also the layering thing does not appeal - just on top
Whoops I am referring to the layered walnut cake

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 07:52AM by fionah.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.