Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Club sandwiches

Posted by Noel 
Club sandwiches
September 17, 2014 01:00AM
Club sandwiches are my favourite but they seem to be increasingly hard to find in food establishments these days. Any real nice ingrediants that anyone could suggest would be welcome. (Not lettuce though please).
Re: Club sandwiches
September 17, 2014 05:14AM
what about

Mix finely chopped smoked chicken breast with 1/2 cuo crushed flaked almonds and cream cheese. Spread - enjoy
September 17, 2014 06:57AM
Chicken, spring onion and avocado.
Chicken, spring onion and cream cheese.
joy
September 17, 2014 07:53AM
This isnt a club sandwich, but it is a tasty filling. I make up the day before I want it and store in fridge.

It is called Nana's sandwich filling.

1 pottle cream cheese softened
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
2 tablesp sherry(optional, but nice)
2 tablesp good mayo
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
chives or spring onions
2 tablesp tomato relish
Mix all together and make the day before you want it.
I make pinwheel sandwiches with it.
September 20, 2014 12:58AM
Thanks folks for the suggestions!
September 23, 2014 12:54AM
I too love club sandwiches especially ones with egg in them. I have made them in the past and finds the essential thing is fresh soft white bread. Spreadable cream cheese with a variety of additions works well especially to hold it together. Try lemon, CC and tinned salmon, CC with a touch of spicy sauce, CC and shredded chicken...
Sad but true, the place I have had the most club sandwiches has been at funerals!
Vanessa
September 23, 2014 04:50AM
on the topic of club sandwiches what is a good way to keep them fresh if they are being made early and not required until later?
September 23, 2014 05:12AM
Cover them with a damp tea towel Marylew. I have made Club Sandwiches in the morning for an evening function and they were beautiful and fresh
joy
September 23, 2014 07:54AM
When we needed to keep club sandwiches fresh for evening function, we placed a slightly damp paper towel under and over them and glad wrapped . They kept perfectly
October 08, 2014 03:35AM
While fresh asparagus is available, this caught my eye if you like egg in club sandwiches: [www.bite.co.nz] Sounds really nice.
Regards,
Dawn.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.