Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Chicken Breasts

Posted by Danube 
Chicken Breasts
June 24, 2015 02:21AM
I cook for 6 adults most nights, this week 'skin on' boned chicken breasts have been on special so I have 6 single breasts to use tonight but... what to make. Im so sick of my good old stand bys, we had chicken curry on the weekend. Ideas please:-)
Re: Chicken Breasts
June 24, 2015 04:57AM
I cut chicken breasts into large chunks, coat them with olive oil and Ras al hanout and make kebabs. Be careful not to overcook them or they will be dry. Serve with a vegetable pilaff and a green salad.
June 24, 2015 05:07AM
Have a look at Helens Rosemary Balsamic Chicken dish on line here I can vouch for it. One of our favourites.
June 24, 2015 05:18AM
I've been making Harissa chicken with chickpeas a lot, yummy and easy and healthy too!

This recipe is pretty similar to the one I've been using (last month's Dish magazine)...The recipe I use has a tin of tomatoes instead of the tomato paste.

[www.epicurious.com]
June 24, 2015 08:10AM
This is one I use when I am tearing my hair out about something to make that is fast and does taste good.

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breast halves (or use however many you have. The coating is enough to cover more than 4).

1 cup mayonnaise (I usually only use around half that amount)
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or some finely chopped garlic)
Directions:

Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.

Spread mixture over chicken and place in baking dish.

Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
June 24, 2015 10:10AM
That sounds lovely Marnie. I prefer Chicken Thighs and I guess the cooking time would be similar? With the mayonnaise do you make your own or can you tell me what brand you are using.I love easy go to dishes like this.It is obviously a tasty but inexpensive recipe.
June 24, 2015 11:17AM
I know it sounds a bit strange, marylew, but they really do melt in the mouth. Sometimes I use my own mayonnaise, but I don't make it so much in Winter. Otherwise, I use something such as Heinz Seriously Good Mayonnaise. I think it is the parmesan that really lifts the taste.

Yes, you can use chicken thighs, I've used them before and used same cooking time.
June 25, 2015 05:16AM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I made the Balsamic Chicken and it was easy and everyone enjoyed it. I will definately be trying the other ideas too. Some nights inspiration deserts me, I think its worse if you leave the decision till the last minute :-)
July 23, 2015 11:46PM
Marnie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is one I use when I am tearing my hair out
> about something to make that is fast and does
> taste good.
>
> MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN
>
> 4 boneless chicken breast halves (or use however
> many you have. The coating is enough to cover
> more than 4).
>
> 1 cup mayonnaise (I usually only use around half
> that amount)
> 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
> 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
> 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
> 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or some finely chopped
> garlic)
> Directions:
>
> Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.
>
> Spread mixture over chicken and place in baking
> dish.

> Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.

Marnie, I made this for dinner last night. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. No Parmesan in the house so I used Pecorino instead. Your recipe is beautiful and is going to become a regular in this household. The chicken was so moist and tender. Thanks so much for sharing. As mentioned, this recipe is a definite keeper smiling smiley

ps just editing... I was just saving this recipe into the recipe file on my computer, and realised I totally overlooked adding the seasoned salt!! I think the Pecorino gave such a sharp taste, that it didn't need it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2015 11:52PM by Irene Field.
July 24, 2015 01:12AM
I find they taste really moist and are delicious cut up and crumbed - make it a hot and spicy crumb or a herby crumb and serve with relish or a homemade mayo. Great with salad and baked potatoes.

Chicken wraps, tacos or burgers.

These a great recipe called Marbella Chicken [www.simplyrecipes.com] (This was just the first link when I googled it).

My friend made it and it was DEVINE!

I would prefer to make it with thighs BUT Im sure breasts would be ok.

Vanessa
July 24, 2015 01:13AM
Thanks for that, Irene. smiling smiley
July 24, 2015 01:17AM
I love the way Marbella Chicken has stood the test of time. Last year we went to a "Guess Who is Coming To Dinner" night and the hosts had made that. It ticked all the boxes.
July 24, 2015 01:23AM
It was soooo good, I was really impressed and can imagine it on restaurant menus jazzed up with some fancy potatoes.
Vanessa
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.