Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Free fruit for kids in supermarkets

Posted by IngridO 
Free fruit for kids in supermarkets
October 20, 2015 10:58AM
Just thought I would share a great idea that countdown supermarkets have started - much better than a cold saveloy that they used to give out at the Butchery! (see pic)

Let your kids munch on a FREE piece of fruit while you shop at Countdown. Available at all stores from Tuesday onwards!
Attachments:
open | download - 12119117_963484380361154_8628082327081036514_n.jpg (45 KB)
Re: Free fruit for kids in supermarkets
October 22, 2015 01:55AM
There were adults on their FB page asking if they could munch on it too but Countdown said NO, just for kids.
I often give my kids a bobby banana or an apple from the pre packed bag. Its always a drama at the checkout as it weighs less but MUCH better than the other junk on offer.
Vanessa
October 22, 2015 06:08AM
How about bringing a snack from home if they have to eat on the way through the shop? That way you're not eating food you've not yet paid for and avoiding drama at the checkout with differing weights.
October 22, 2015 06:39AM
I can remember when Countdown first opened here in Hamilton (not sure if this was a NZ wide initiative or not), but there was free fruit and free bakery items (sample size of course) through the fruit and veg and bakery departments, and I think free coffee for the grown ups. Obviously it was that successful it was discontinued.... I can remember seeing families tucking in as if it was their daily meal and the Last Supper. So I wonder how long this little initiative will last... do they have someone monitoring the fruit to check only children take it? What is their definition of a child's age, ie do 12 to 15 year olds qualify?

Nice little marketing ploy me thinks?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.