Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Fortune Cookies

Posted by helen 
Fortune Cookies
February 14, 2016 10:02PM
Has anyone ever made fortune cookies and if so do you have a recipe to share or any tips that might be helpful for a novice?
Thanks!
Re: Fortune Cookies
February 14, 2016 11:13PM
Yes Id love to know too, I buy them as they are a really cute and fun thing to have but how cool would it be to customise whats in them...
Vanessa
February 15, 2016 06:36AM
My mum used to make a cheat's version using pre-rolled short sweet pastry - not really fortune cookies at all but they were yummy, easy and fun.

Not really a proper answer but a good shortcut for certain audiences! :-)

Visit Mrs Cake's blog at [www.mrscake.co.nz]
February 15, 2016 08:09AM
I have! They are such fun. The recipe is basically a tuille mixture - egg white, icing sugar and a little flour etc. You fold them in half (with typed fortune inside) then bend them over the edge of a glass. Leave to cool. They do go soft though and when I made them once as part of an icebreaker with clues inside, I noticed heaps of uneaten cookies on the tables, A little disappointing as they take ages to make.

I could pull out some storage boxes and find the exact recipe if you like - it came from the Australian Women's weekly a lot of years ago!
February 17, 2016 01:17AM
Thanks Ali, I will see if I can find the recipe online.
March 11, 2016 05:58AM
get some wonton wrappers
insert fortune
fold in half sealing with a little water on finger tips
twist into tortellini style shape
put individually into muffin tins
brush with alittle butter
sprinkle with a little sugar (sweet fortunes!!)
bake 12 mins at 350

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
March 15, 2016 02:14AM
Ahh good idea Lynley.

Mine were actually pretty good although they didn't cope with the February humidity and lost their crunch by the next day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.