Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best Pizza Recipe

Posted by sanny 
Best Pizza Recipe
April 11, 2016 04:43PM
What is the best recipe for pizza you know?
Re: Best Pizza Recipe
April 11, 2016 10:56PM
EASY PIZZA DOUGH
You will need
2 tsp yeast (instant dried)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1/2 cup warm water

How to make
In a bowl add the warm water, yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil. Leave for about 10 minutes until its activated and a bit bubbly.
Add the yeast mixture to the flour by making a well in the centre and mixing it with your hands to form a dough ball.
Knead it until its smooth – this takes about 10 mins – using the heel of your hand works well and you get in to a rhythm. Great exercise!
Put into a bowl coated in a bit of olive oil and place some where warm to let it prove (rise) to double its original size. I leave it for an hour or so. (I used the hot water cupboard)
When ready, punch the dough as its quite light and re-work it into a ball.
Its now ready to use.
Roll it out to the desired thinness/thickness – I always go thin.
Place on to a floured pan or pizza stone and add toppings. TIP: Uncooked pizza dough can be frozen in balls or flat between baking paper.
Bake at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes
April 12, 2016 01:32AM
Tomato sauce, ANCHOVIES, chilli, cheese and prawns.
And a homemade pizza base of course.

Vanessa
April 12, 2016 10:22AM
I used to make a yeast dough for the pizza base but since I discovered the 'two ingredient pizza dough', I've been using that recipe. There are plenty of recipes for this dough (self-raising flour and Greek yoghurt) online. It works really well and the dough also freezes beautifully.
April 12, 2016 11:47PM
And the 2 ingredient recipe is so quick - it doesn't need to be left to rise, just mix, roll (or pat out), add toppings and bake. Good for a fairly quick lunch.
April 13, 2016 12:43AM
Fresh mozzarella...fresh basil leaves...olive oil and season. Amazing!
January 20, 2017 01:41AM
January 20, 2017 08:53PM
Definitely the 2 ingredient pizza base but, of course, you have to add salt too, which makes it 3 ingredients! And I usually add a teaspoon or so of a dried herb to compliment whatever topping I'm going use.

I often use a bit of left-over sauce from any of the many types of pasta sauces in jars to spread over the base.
Or some sun-dried tomato chutney that comes in small jars. Lots of cheese and then whatever I fancy, such as feta, olives and pepperoni; ham and pineapple, etc, etc.
January 25, 2017 01:32PM
good recipe. thnx. But I think everythig you make with love is the best )
February 07, 2017 02:11PM
why to waste time on making and baking ...isn't the good idea to place an Online Takeawaysmiling smiley

Asad Zaman
[feedbelly.co.uk]
February 09, 2017 08:54AM
I often use Farrahs wraps as instant bases, as I usually have a bag in the pantry. I spread with a few spoons of relish/chutney from one of the numerous jars in my fridge then add whatever's hanging around. I try to stick with the Italian idea of not piling too much on. I did a great one with onion, mushroom, fresh rosemary and feta. A fav is smoked salmon, feta and a bit of onion. Another nice one is roast veg, capers and anchovies topped with grated cheese. I find them a great way of using bits and pieces left in the fridge.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.