Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Tinned smoked salmon soup

Posted by Charlotte BB 
Tinned smoked salmon soup
October 04, 2016 03:20AM
Does anyone know if there is available a "tinned smoked salmon soup" - that is, a ready-made smoked salmon soup in a can, rather than a soup made with tinned smoked salmon? I'm indexing a recipe from Simon Holst's Pasta Cookbook (in the New Zealand Fine Food series) for the Eat Your Books website and can't find an ingredient of this description anywhere through web searches on NZ or international websites. Have already sent queries to the Holst's website and Facebook pages. I can't readily find any overseas ingredient of this description either.

Thanks.
J1
Re: Tinned smoked salmon soup
October 04, 2016 05:57AM
There are quite a lot of smoked salmon chowders, e.g.
[www.amazon.com]

and Spicy White Bean Soup with Smoked Salmon:
[www.amazon.com]

and Smoked Salmon Bisque (soup by another name! smiling smiley ) but from the unhappy review it appears the smoked salmon is packaged separately to the soup(!!):
[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2016 05:59AM by J1.
Re: Tinned smoked salmon soup
October 05, 2016 03:47AM
Thank you for that tip - I hadn't thought of pouches instead of tins but that will do. There still don't seem to be many around and none that I can trace from NZ, but there you go. I will contact EYB for instructions as to how to record it for their purposes. Thanks once again, much appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.