Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Roast Beef in Summer

Posted by Danube 
Roast Beef in Summer
February 08, 2017 04:07AM
Any ideas on ways to serve roast beef in summer. I usually cook it fairly rare and well rested but not keen on the usual accompaniments in this weather. Any ideas?
Re: Roast Beef in Summer
February 08, 2017 04:42AM
Serve it at room temperature with salads and buttered boiled new potatoes if they are available. You could make a capsicum and eggplant salad, a tomato and red onion one and a broccoli one. Let me know if you would like any recipes.

I like salsa verde with roasted beef, and now is the time of year to make it when parsley, basil and mint are plentiful.
February 08, 2017 06:27AM
Sounds nice, how do you make your capsicum eggplant salad, Salsa Verde is a good idea, Thanks
February 08, 2017 06:35AM
I have just made a beautiful recipe for a lamb salad - and I cant see why you couldn't do the same with beef. On a tray place baby spinach, topped with steamed beans, red onion thinly sliced, cherry tomatoes halved, and roast kumara. Top with thinly sliced roast beef (the lamb was pan seared, and then a glaze of Balsamic dressing, Pomegranate Molasses and Rosemary was mixed together and brushed over the meat - omit Rosemary for roast beef), The original recipe then had haloumi triangles. Then top the lot with a vinaigrette made with oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, chopped basil and pomegranate molasses. Finally sprinkled with Pistachio and Pine nuts, lightly roasted.
We had it for our Monday evening dinner, and I have had leftovers in a wrap for lunch the last two days.

As mentioned this recipe is for Lamb Rump, but I can't see any reason why you couldn't substitute the lamb with beef?
February 08, 2017 07:40AM
Yum, Thanks Irene
February 08, 2017 07:48AM
I'm sorry, I tried to post my recipe but get a "Phorum " error message. I will send it by private message if I can.
February 08, 2017 07:51AM
I can't send a private message either - "Phorum Database Error". This is very annoying and I wish the IT consultant could do something about it.
February 08, 2017 09:11AM
Hi Danube - I've made something very similar to this As*an noodle salad a number of times - makes a lot, good if you're feeding a number of people and is delish.
[www.taste.com.au]
February 08, 2017 09:49AM
You can slice it thinly and turn it into a summer roast dinner or lunch salad

Spinach leaves
Beetroot
red onions (sliced)
cold potatoes (boiled)
with an olive oil, vinegar, wholegrain mustard dressing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.