Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Homemade Marshmallow Easter Eggs

Posted by helen 
Homemade Marshmallow Easter Eggs
April 11, 2017 01:02AM
If you are contemplating making homemade Easter Eggs then the recipe that is pictured here on the right is fantastic
The marshmallow is light yet moist and luscious and I could have easily devoured them.

Does anyone else make their own Easter Eggs?
Bev
Re: Homemade Marshmallow Easter Eggs
April 11, 2017 02:16AM
Years ago I used to make marshmallow Easter eggs using a recipe from AWW, they were easy to make too. I must give your recipe a go Helen, they look delicious.
April 12, 2017 12:37AM
I made my own eggs one year but the novelty soon wore off and I never tried it again.
Attachments:
open | download - 3 Eggs 3.JPG (85.5 KB)
April 12, 2017 07:16AM
These look amazing and as one of my friends is mad for marshmallow eggs I will be making them next year. Just wondering about the flour moulds - is that because flour's cheap, or some technical reason? Could you use icing sugar instead? My thought there was that then you wouldn't have to worry about brushing the eggs off.
April 13, 2017 09:05AM
Hi Carolyn yes it is because flour is cheap but to be honest we are really rough at brushing it off and there is no way i have felt/tasted it while eating the eggs - and I certainly have eaten a few. smiling smiley
April 16, 2017 02:52PM
Thanks Helen, in that case I will stick to the flour, which I have tons of due to my sourdough effortssmiling smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.