Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Beef Brisket

Posted by IngridO 
Beef Brisket
May 15, 2017 09:16AM
I used my slow cooker to make a Tomato based Stew using Beef Brisket - it was delicious and melt in your mouth. I did cook it for 2 days however.

Someone told me in the USA they BBQ or smoke or broil it? I thought it was a cut that needed slow cooking to break it down?

Has anyone cooked Beef Brisket before?
Re: Beef Brisket
May 15, 2017 10:06AM
Ingrid, in the US BBQ is slow cooked it's quite a different technique to that which is common in NZ. It is starting to become more popular here now too.

A few years ago I went into the local butcher and asked for a piece of brisket and the only one they had was "corned"...it took them quite some time to realise that I wanted it just as it came so I could do with it what I wanted to do. Small town NZ at it's best.
May 15, 2017 10:09AM
American BBQ (smoked meat) is usually an all day, or several days, process. Very, very slow cooked.. and oh so very, very delicious.
May 15, 2017 11:19AM
American style ribs - Oh My MELT IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!
A far cry from the kiwi baked or grilled ribs. If you ever do ribs, its totally worth going the whole hog winking smiley
Vanessa

2 days in the slow cooker is a massive am amount of time tho, I usually do a few hours on the stove or pot in the oven. Im not a slow cooker fan.
May 15, 2017 01:22PM
Oh yes, eventually I got an un-corned beef brisket and slow cooked it for a brisket ragu to go with pasta....was delicious! I see even P&S are selling it these days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.