Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Korean Bulgogi

Posted by Vanessa45 
Korean Bulgogi
June 23, 2017 03:36AM
If you havent tried Bulgogi, you must, its delicious.

I purchased some Bulgogi marinade from my local Asian supermarket and use it as I would Teriyaki sauce. (Its about $5.50 for a large jar and $3.50 for a small)

This is the one I buy - Bulgogi Marinade

"Made in Korea by Korean BBQ experts CJ, Our Kalbi, Bulgogi, and Spicy Bulgogi Marinade is one of our most popular product of our store. With added pear purée, It brings out the sweet and savoury flavour of aromatic Korean BBQ.

I pan fry the chicken pieces, usually thigh that has been rolled in a little flour. I add noodles, usually udon style or not if having it with rice and then a good pour of the marinade.

I tell my kids its Teriyaki chicken and they love it!

Vanessa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 03:36AM by Vanessa45.
Re: Korean Bulgogi
June 23, 2017 06:00AM
Absolutely love Bulgogi!! When we go to Hamilton Night Markets, if the Korean stall holders are there, Bulgogi is a must buy.

Never thought to make it at home however. Good thinking Vanessa!!
Bev
June 23, 2017 06:23AM
We love Bulgogi too and I have a couple of recipes for it to try out at some stage, just need to find that Roundtuit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 06:45AM by Bev.
June 23, 2017 06:24AM
Bev, are they online recipes? Would you mind sharing if at all possible please (pm if copyright issues)
Bev
June 23, 2017 06:50AM
Hi Irene, yes they are online recipes so below are links. I haven't tried them yet though.

[allrecipes.com]

[allrecipes.com]

There are some nice looking recipes on Pinterest too.

We were in Auckland a few days ago and had some Beef Bulgogi at The Kimchi Project, it was delicious.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 07:04AM by Bev.
June 23, 2017 09:14AM
Fantastic Bev - I will use Chicken, but the Beef recipe seems better. Will definitely give it a go. And whilst I was looking at the recipe - a recipe to the side caught my eye, but more because of it's name.. General Tsao's chicken - have saved that and that is on the recipes to try. Love Asian food!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.