Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Any advice on ovens?

Posted by CarolynC 
Any advice on ovens?
October 21, 2017 02:11PM
My elderly freestanding oven is on its last legs and so I'm on the hunt for a replacement. I was going to go for the F&P Elba as it has everything my current oven has except a ceramic top instead of coils, but I found a 2013 thread here about them which concluded they were awful. Does anyone have a freestanding oven they're happy with and can recommend? Jenna, do you still hate your Elba?

Edited to add I'm looking for a 60cm, not the wider one as I don't have room for it. I see the earlier reviews were for the 90cm model.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2017 02:24PM by CarolynC.
Re: Any advice on ovens?
October 22, 2017 08:51AM
Hi - we've moved a couple of times since then, but yes, I hated that oven and was very glad to see the back of it. Of course do your own research, but I've had experience with 3 different Elba appliances and they were all pretty awful.

I'm very happy with the new oven we bought 18 months ago, but it is a wall oven rather than a freestanding range. Good luck with deciding - it is a big choice.
October 22, 2017 02:05PM
Many thanks, Jenna. I had my fingers crossed that the different model might be better, because it's the brand with the largest oven capacity and I really didn't want a smaller oven, but from your experience it doesn't sound like itsad smiley.
October 22, 2017 02:14PM
I've discovered that I previously overlooked a Westinghouse model that has an even larger oven than the Elba and all the other stuff I need and it has good reviews. Thanks so much Jenna and Diana for your original thread - you've steered me away from a really bad buy!
October 28, 2017 12:49PM
Thor Kitchen HRG3080U has good reviews on Amazon.

4.2 cu. ft. size is also good. But $1,599 price seems a little high to me. However, if you like a good oven, then you can check this as well. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 11:17AM by Anamika26.
September 26, 2018 10:48AM
I have been thinking of buying a convection oven after watching a friend use one. Having done my own research on convection ovens, I found out that decent sized convection ovens are expensive. I want one with simple instructions and easy to use, something reviews by cookwared.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 10:45PM by Aleksks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.