Xmas Ham Glaze
November 14, 2017 06:35AM
It's time to think about this again. I usually get my local supermarket to glaze my ham as I've never had the confidence to do it myself, with mixed and often unsatisfactory results. Would like to give it a go myself this year. Does anyone a recipe you have used year after year without disaster that you would have confidence in sharing?
Re: Xmas Ham Glaze
November 15, 2017 09:31PM
Annabel Langbeins recipe is definitely tried and true, make this one countless times and passed on to family members doing it for the first time with great results. Go to the link

[www.annabel-langbein.com]
November 15, 2017 10:56PM
I always glaze my ham the same way, it gets heaps of compliments yet is so simple.
I mix 1 cup orange juice with 1 cup apricot jam and 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard in a small saucepan over a gentle heat until the mixture comes together.
Score the ham and spread with the glaze.
Pour some orange juice and water into the pan to stop any dripping bits of glaze from burning.
Cook at 170 C for 1 - 1 1/4 hours until the ham is well coloured. Turn it as needed.
I like to serve it warmish so glaze it Christmas morning.
November 16, 2017 01:37AM
Im pretty sure I used Helens recipe last year and got lots of positive comments too and are down to do the glaze again this year.
It was really easy and I actually had all the ingredients in my pantry.

Bring on Xmas and save that ham bone - pea and ham soup is so delicious.

Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.