Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Fruit this year

Posted by Griz 
Fruit this year
December 02, 2017 04:11PM
I note we've got an early ripening season this year, apricots already in store and peaches and cherries too. The apricots I purchased on Thursday are totally luscious, sweet, juicy and melting. I have huge hopes for this year's stone fruit season and also the melons. I've just picked my first strawberries (the birds found a hole in the netting) and they are also so sweet compared to other years.
What's good where you are?
Re: Fruit this year
December 03, 2017 07:52PM
Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apricots all delicious here in Hawkes Bay, sun kissed flavours
December 06, 2017 01:10PM
Actually we have almost winter in Poland but this year we used to have very good strawberries and raspberries. Especially raspberries - I remember how juicy and sweet they were few months ago smiling smiley

Flora205 Warsaw/Poland
[www.home-madepatchwork.com]
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram
December 06, 2017 03:12PM
Yes I agree about the apricots so lovely, i like mine really ripe when the flavour is at it's best. Peaches have been still a little firm, we have a good crop of passionfruit coming on, hope they are equally as god.
December 11, 2017 10:50AM
Yes, I have noticed apricots and nectarines - and strawberries have been in the shops for awhile now. Rasperries and cherries I noticed today

my neighbours tree is showing the signs of plump red plums too

Peonies are looking beautiful in the shops too - I always thought they were more a wintery flower?
December 11, 2017 11:21PM
Ingrid, we’ve been picking raspberries from our garden for three weeks now and our cherries are also ready. Peonies finished four weeks ago. Everything seems to be ripening early. Just lovely after the last very disappointing weather here in Central.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.