Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

A Nice Meal for Mothers Day

Posted by Tess 
A Nice Meal for Mothers Day
April 30, 2018 03:54AM
I am wanting to take a meal to Mum on Mother's Day, rather than us going out this time. What's a nice meal to make at home then take so that we can sit down and have it? Any ideas?
Re: A Nice Meal for Mothers Day
April 30, 2018 05:05AM
What are your mother's favourite foods?
April 30, 2018 11:20AM
A good old fashioned roast dinner with roast beef or pork (Chicken is the norm Im guessing with many). Delicious homemade gravy, apple sauce or horseradish and if your'e in to Yorkshire puds, do them too.

Make a few and pop them in the freezer for her when she just cant be bothered cooking.

Im not English and haven't been brought up on roast dinners but in my opinion its the ultimate comfort food - I would TOTALLY appreciate this.

Vanessa
April 30, 2018 01:15PM
Morrocan lamb casserole. This is always a hit, I usually use beef instead of lamb, just a casserole cut, blade or gravy. You could serve it with a herb cous cous, which could be made very quickly at venue, mash potatoes. I must admit to using the frozen ones when making this to give to someone to reheat themselves. Always better the next day apparently, so good to make ahead of time. Also left overs are great in pie maker pies.

[www.epicurious.com]
May 02, 2018 12:21AM
Although I will sound like an old grump, it depends on your mother's taste. Personally, although I appreciate any food that is prepared for me, I would prefer something that is current and perhaps a new food trend. We,mothers,are of a wide age range and culinary taste..
May 06, 2018 05:20AM
Karen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Morrocan lamb casserole. This is always a hit, I
> usually use beef instead of lamb, just a
> casserole cut, blade or gravy.

Try it with beef cheek, Karen. It's even more delicious than blade steak or gravy beef.
May 08, 2018 01:19AM
As my partner and I are vegetarian, I'd like to take something that's a one dish meal and no meat. Seafood and fish are fine too. I did think of a nice fancy quiche like a broccoli quiche or something like that. The whole thing is I want to prepare and do it at home first without too much mucking about and then take it with me. If need be, I'll just get Mum to heat the oven up a bit too but's that all I would want her to do.
May 08, 2018 01:22AM
What about a Spinach Roulade?
May 08, 2018 06:12AM
Mmm, yes, that's not a bad idea. I have done it before actually and it was pretty good. Mind you, I've also got to drive about 40 minutes to her, so not sure how it would transport.
May 08, 2018 09:04AM
the best way is to ask her to guess what you are cooking for her, what ever she will say first. Cook it
May 12, 2018 09:19AM
You want to take a meal without meat ?

But is Mum a vegetarian ?

Her favourite meal may not be yours
Ask Mum perhaps ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.